Page 1 of 3
Which bandmembers were not accepted largely by fans for replacing original members. For example Phil Collins Genesis, Axe in Opeth (yet)
Last edited by RazerX at Jan 5, 2009,
Sammy Hagar-Van Halen, I guess Dio-Black Sabbath, but i prefer Dio to ozzy. HEAVEN AND HELL FTW
jason newstead

and then that rob guy

and in the early days kirk

funny that
Gear:

Fender Squire Telecaster
Amp??
......Screwdriver?
Quote by ac/dcsexy
jason newstead

and then that rob guy

and in the early days kirk

funny that

Rob>>>>>>>>Jason. I've met very few Met fans in recent years who disagree.
There hath he lain for ages and will lie,
Battening on huge seaworms in his sleep;
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
Then once by man and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.
People are still complaining about Underoath's vocals change from 7 years ago..
Who dat?
i guess Billy Corgan's new Smashing Pumpkins line-up
and i ve heard some negative remarks about Alice in Chains' new singer
Quote by Pac_man0123
Everyone in GnR except axl, sammy hagar for VH, wolfgang for VH, Alice in chains' new singer, Zakk Wylde, John Frusciante

JFroo? what do you live in the eighties? who have you met that doesnt like jfroo
Quote by Pac_man0123
Everyone in GnR except axl, sammy hagar for VH, wolfgang for VH, Alice in chains' new singer, Zakk Wylde, John Frusciante

You are This
Quote by Pac_man0123

Quote by hippotato7
Blackbird McKnight-RHCP

unless you went to their shows pre-froosh, you got no right of saying that, honestly. You probably wouldn't have ever heard of them if froosh never joined. As for RHCP replacements, Dave Navarro never sat well with me, but i've begun to like him in other bands.

edit: ^

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Blaze Bayley and Janick Gers in Iron Maiden (even though I have no problem with either) tended to get a lot of negative reactions from fans, especially Blaze.
If you are reading this, then it would seem that you're either too busy with this sig with nothing in it to finish reading the thread or there are no posts left in the thread to read.
Quote by Nike-Man
Chris cornell in audioslave, Zack rocked those band mate way better than chris

cornell wasnt a replacement tho
Quote by Pac_man0123
I've seen a lot of ppl on here that don't like him...

who?
im all ears.....
Quote by Nike-Man
Chris cornell in audioslave, Zack rocked those band mate way better than chris

He wasn't the replacement vocalist for Rage. They had a new band. And Chris Cornell is awesome!
Quote by bassboy 999
He wasn't the replacement vocalist for Rage. They had a new band. And Chris Cornell is awesome!

I know just as much about that whole sitcho, but the bottom line is the band behind each of them was the same band. Audio slave instrumental sounds like a more alternative version of RAGE, and Zack led that band to make better and more influential music than Cornell. Cornell should have stayed with sound garden.
Quote by Pac_man0123

yeah william duvall is no layne by a longshot, but i'm listening to him singing dam that river and i don't think he's half bad...
Go Veg.
Quote by chipmunksurfer
unless you went to their shows pre-froosh, you got no right of saying that, honestly. You probably wouldn't have ever heard of them if froosh never joined. As for RHCP replacements, Dave Navarro never sat well with me, but i've begun to like him in other bands.

really? because I like most of their 80s records a lot more than their 90s records, even though I never saw them live in the 80s.

Quote by RazerX
Which bandmembers were not accepted largely by fans for replacing original members. For example Phil Collins Genesis, Axe in Opeth (yet)

oh and it should be mentioned that Phil Collins was part of the classic Genesis lineup before Peter Gabriel left, so he's not really a replacement, although they really never should have let him sing.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jan 5, 2009,
that guy that replaced joe perry in aersomith for a year or two in the very early 80s.

also, im one of those people that doesnt really like froosh.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
really? because I like most of their 80s records a lot more than their 90s records, even though I never saw them live in the 80s.

oh and it should be mentioned that Phil Collins was part of the classic Genesis lineup before Peter Gabriel left, so he's not really a replacement, although they really never should have let him sing.

true
Mothers Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik are incredible. The other albums have great songs, but not as many as these two. The only Bad things I got to say about Frusciante is after he stopped doing drugs he sucked, but while he was ****ed up, he was great.
Last edited by Nike-Man at Jan 5, 2009,
when those two guys left alien ant farm

lucky they came back
Gear:

Fender Squire Telecaster
Amp??
......Screwdriver?
Quote by InvaderTSN
Blaze Bailey wasn't really popular.

and there was actually a pretty legit reason to not like him too, since he couldn't perform a lot of Maidens older material in the proper key or sometime at all.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by ac/dcsexy
when those two guys left alien ant farm

lucky they came back

really? i heard they were big into drugs
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
and there was actually a pretty legit reason to not like him too, since he couldn't perform a lot of Maidens older material in the proper key or sometime at all.

I really don't know why they chose him to replace Dickinson. Really could've done better.
Quote by chipmunksurfer

Man, if only Buckethead was accepted in RHCP, maybe they would have been actually good...
Gilby Clarke. I think Matt Sorum did a good job replacing Adler but a lot of people seem to think he ruined Gn'R. Glen Drover and Al Pitrelli werent to popular either but I guess its kind of hard to replace Friedman, although Chris Broderick is freaking awesome with Megadeth.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by bean-o
Gilby Clarke. I think Matt Sorum did a good job replacing Adler but a lot of people seem to think he ruined Gn'R. Glen Drover and Al Pitrelli werent to popular either but I guess its kind of hard to replace Friedman, although Chris Broderick is freaking awesome with Megadeth.

Matt Sorums perm pissed me off more than his drumming which was decent
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Man, if only Buckethead was accepted in RHCP, maybe they would have been actually good...

Youre joking right?
Page 1 of 3