Well, I think I'mma get a tubescreamer. Should I get the TS9, TS808 reissue, or one of the Maxon counterparts? Can someone describe the tonal and physical (true bypass, etc.) differences of the tubescreamer pedals?
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
Well those UG reviews aren't too reliable. Look at the Spider stuff.

And Maxon stuff, too, lol. I'm eyeing those also.
Gear...
Quote by forsaknazrael
http://www.analogman.com/ts9.htm
There's some info.

What do you hope to achieve with a tubescreamer? What do you plan to use it for? What do you want it to do to your tone?

Basically to just tighten everything up.
Gear...
Quote by pak1351
If you're just looking to tighten things up, a nice clean boost would be better, unless you want the added mids as well

i think this is the best answer. i replaced a bad monkey with a reissue and it works perfectly. it boosts the mids on my fender amp. that's exactly what i wanted it to do and it's what the bad monkey could not do. i don't think "tighten up" is the right way to describe it.
What Tube screamer would be good for a rory gallagher like sound? Id like to keep it around $100. I have a BD-2 but im not overly satisfied with it any more.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
I hope this is the right thread but im looking at getting a ts 808 because really dig the tone of that and a mesa triple recitifer is it worth it to spend the 600 bucks for a vintage ts808
None. Fulltone OCD for the win.
Quote by starsnostars
Quote by joe124
I heart god speed you! black emporer

not enough to spell their name right.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

TREMOLO PICKING CRESCENDO CZAR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Goblin67
I hope this is the right thread but im looking at getting a ts 808 because really dig the tone of that and a mesa triple recitifer is it worth it to spend the 600 bucks for a vintage ts808

here is a demo of the vintage vs. reissue ts808
http://guitar-distorsion-overdrive-fuzz.ibanez.en.audiofanzine.com/videos/index,id_video,126,idproduit,57682.html

IMHO no pedal is worth 600 bucks!
sweet thanks man
BC Rich NJ Beast transparent red, BC Rich NT beast gloss black,ESP F-100fm, OD-9,MT-2,NS-2,line 6 Spider 2 120

Late Goblin67
If you really want a TS, save yourself some money and buy the TS7 Tonelock version, around 40 bucks IIRC. It's the same circuit as the TS9, only a mass produced/assembly line version. It also has the overrated JRC4558 op amp that everyone loves so much.