Last thread was old.

I'm not for A7x, but damn, Synster and Rev can make some awesome music (once they get their act together).
I have a new found respect for the both of them now.

http://www.myspace.com/pinklysmooth

Avant garde metal/punk might be pushing it, but the truely unexpected thing is that band is actually pretty good. Moar like awesome.

On a side note, I think they should get out of A7x (effectively disbanding them) and continue with this band as their primary focus.
Who's with me?
no one who likes a7x. thats who

they make serious money in a7x, why the hell would they leave?
Last edited by hippotato7 at Jan 5, 2009,
Idk, artistic freedom and integrity?
Jesus, can you hear yourself speak? Even if it is more logical to stay in A7x for finacial reasons, that probably won't be enough for Rev and Gates in the end. They are creative and talented like hell. Why shouldn't they continue down this path, especially if they want to?
With the amount of recognition that they have, they could make this band really take off.
Avenged is nearly a household name (at least to the rock audience); they should definitely give it a shot, imo.

Take note that I do have a certain contempt for A7x. Way too cheeseball and melodramatic for me, while they are becoming more accessible for the sole purpose of commericial appeal.
And M Shadows. Ugh.
Well Im sorry you hate them, but pinkly smooth, while great, is too avant garde to catch on, and everyone would miss a7x, Both of them are quite creatively active in that band

and just dont with the "jesus, do you hear yourself" crap, don't go there, it doesn't speak volumes of your ability to construct logical points.
Quote by hippotato7
Well Im sorry you hate them, but pinkly smooth, while great, is too avant garde to catch on, and everyone would miss a7x, Both of them are quite creatively active in that band

and just dont with the "jesus, do you hear yourself" crap, don't go there, it doesn't speak volumes of your ability to construct logical points.

Don't go there gf!
Sorry, first thing that popped into my head.

That was more an appeal to ethos.
I say that because the purpose of music is subjective, just as is taste.
If you wanna create music solely for popular appeal, than go ahead. I and others will deride you for such, but tread forth.
I'm not saying that A7x is one of those bands, but you do have admit that they've upped their accessiblity with each passing album.

What the hell? This is supposed to be about Pinkly Smooth, not A7x.
Let's agree that Syn and Rev are some talented mother****ers.
And there should be more Pinkly Smooth.
heard of neither of them.
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
I love Avenged Sevenfold. I love Pinkly Smooth. They are both very good at what they do. To me, and this is my OPINION, it seems like the farther down their career they go, the more they change their music. If you listened to Sounding the Seventh Trumpet or Waking the Fallen, and then you listened to Their self titled album, i think anyone would be surprised at the change. To me, i believe their greatest album is Waking the Fallen and their least good is their self titled. I loved their raw emotional talent in this album and it really speaks to me (I know it sounds lame). That is probably my favorite album ever. City of Evil is amazing also. its not the same as Waking the Fallen but I still love it. I guess waht im trying to say is that you should listen to those two albums before their self titled one. those albums really shine through. All of the members of A7X are extremely talented in one way or another and ALL contribute to the album making process. (Johnny Christ, not so much lol). Zacky is an amazing musician also.

as for Pinkly Smooth, they are amazing! I love every song a hell of a lot. McFly is probably my personal favorite. I cant get enough of their music. I REALLY wish they had more though. the chances of them ever making more of it seem pretty slim to me. lame...
I think they both blow personally. I find everything about both bands particularly repulsive and it is definately not avant garde. I think they both would make better cashiers at hot topic than musicians.
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
I think they both blow personally. I find everything about both bands particularly repulsive and it is definately not avant garde. I think they both would make better cashiers at hot topic than musicians.

yes it is, and you have no idea what you are talking about
Quote by hippotato7
yes it is, and you have no idea what you are talking about

Yes, you're right seeing as the bulk of my taste is avant garde.
LOL
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What is avant-garde about them? I mean to a pop listener they probably sound "weird" but that doesn't mean they are avant garde.

I know, right?

I am contemplating a 5 day ban for just being a tard.
LOL
Quote by ttamland34
I love Avenged Sevenfold. I love Pinkly Smooth. They are both very good at what they do. To me, and this is my OPINION, it seems like the farther down their career they go, the more they change their music. If you listened to Sounding the Seventh Trumpet or Waking the Fallen, and then you listened to Their self titled album, i think anyone would be surprised at the change. To me, i believe their greatest album is Waking the Fallen and their least good is their self titled. I loved their raw emotional talent in this album and it really speaks to me (I know it sounds lame). That is probably my favorite album ever. City of Evil is amazing also. its not the same as Waking the Fallen but I still love it. I guess waht im trying to say is that you should listen to those two albums before their self titled one. those albums really shine through. All of the members of A7X are extremely talented in one way or another and ALL contribute to the album making process. (Johnny Christ, not so much lol). Zacky is an amazing musician also.

as for Pinkly Smooth, they are amazing! I love every song a hell of a lot. McFly is probably my personal favorite. I cant get enough of their music. I REALLY wish they had more though. the chances of them ever making more of it seem pretty slim to me. lame...

actually its been anounced that after A7X's new album and tour of that album there taking a break and is rumoured that the rev and synyster gates are to join back with Pinkly Smooth in the meen time to create a new album and maybe even tour with it?
Quote by connor045
vocals are weak

Vocals are ****ing amazing.
But of course, for some reason, people hate his vocal style.
He has amazing range, and just awesome singing.
Retards.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
i love the revs vocals, his screaming sounds awesome and is pretty unique. I wish he was still alive so i could hear more, "a little piece of heaven/fiction/McFly".
Quote by SOYCD
i love the revs vocals, his screaming sounds awesome and is pretty unique. I wish he was still alive so i could hear more, "a little piece of heaven/fiction/McFly".

+1
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?