ok. i'm in a blackened melodeath band type thing with opeth and cynic influence and i'm wondering if i'd be able to get away with using clean vocals instead of grunts because i can't do the grunts yet because i don't understand the technique.
And Cynic do that anuway
what do you think?
Quote by dead-fish
^My god.

98% of teenagers have had or have been around alcohol, sig this if you like begals
Quote by Demoniac_UK
ok. i'm in a blackened melodeath band type thing with opeth and cynic influence and i'm wondering if i'd be able to get away with using clean vocals instead of grunts because i can't do the grunts yet because i don't understand the technique.
And Cynic do that anuway
what do you think?

Meh. It's your music, so yes you could get away with it. Although it's not melodeath, Drist uses hard guitar/clean vocals, and it works pretty good.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

As TheMentor said it, do what makes you happy. It's YOUR music so it will be fine.
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo
Go for it.
if people didn't experiment with there genres and add new things we would still be listening to rocks hit together in some rhythmic order.
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.