Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.

I have a neck thru guitar with a finished neck and the paint on the back of the neck feels pretty grippy and rubbery kind of. I never thought i could change it, usually i just don't clean it and the sweat/scum makes it kind of slippery But i read somewhere that you can put lighter fluid on a rag and wipe it down, would that really help? and would it wreck my finish?
eww..sweat/scum??

do u care about the finsih since you like to leave the sweaty scum on it anyway??
Last edited by epptron at Jan 5, 2009,
no go to your local guitar center and get some polish that is made for it but only if you actually care about finish if not use lighter fluid but if you try the latter dont smoke around it
use conditioner. when i let people play my guitars they tend to get like that. i just wipe them down with a microfiber rag until they're clean. it usually just takes a little elbow grease, no fluids necessary
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
It's black so sweat doesn't really change the colour. What's a microfibre rag? Where do you get them? Oh and I don't smoke haha.
Quote by CvPrEpKiLLaH
i just wipe them down with a microfiber rag until they're clean. it usually just takes a little elbow grease, no fluids necessary

Quote by rileeeyyy
It's black so sweat doesn't really change the colour. What's a microfibre rag? Where do you get them?

i get microfiber cloths at the autoparts shop, i can buy them in bulk there.