Heyy everyone, ive just started a hardcore band. I want a new guitar but im not sure what to get. I was tossing up between a Schecter Omen 6 and an Ibanez ART300. What do we all think??

And i mean hardcore as in Madball, Terror, Miles Away and Icepick. Not Bring me the horizon and that ****.
the ibanez gio ( the one that looks like an sg ) is good for metal so that should do the trick i have one its go a black finish and i play alot of punk metal and grunge try it there pretty good but if you play alot of solos higher up the neck the heel of the neck may get in the way
^ Depends what Gio, they don't all look like SG's... Don't get a Gio anyway, they're a starter guitar.

Seriously, anything will do for hardcore. Try out whatever, and if you like the playability then buy it. The ESP's are always nice though, either the EC's or the MH's. Make sure it's got a bridge humbucker.

Also, nice taste of music, glad to see you don't think Emmure and The Red Shore are hardcore
Quote by BGSM
Also, nice taste of music, glad to see you don't think Emmure and The Red Shore are hardcore

Emmure and The Red Shore are hardcore
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
esps are good imo. most hardcore/metalcore bands use em nowadays. btw the red shore are death metal (atleast with the new singer)
Les Pual's

SG's

Strats

And Telecasters

Those are the most commen one's I see that most local hardcore bands play. But don't get a tele cause they are ugly...
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
I'd go for an SG. Probably because I have one of those, but they're great guitars.

Yamaha RBX A2
Ampeg BA600-115 1 x 15 Bass Combo
I'd say go for an LTD Viper or Eclipse man.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
I play an ESP EC 1000 and it rips. Most of the hardcore bands I see usually play les pauls though.
Ive been working with my friends hardcore band, and my SG Standard works well.
So do LPs
love is love // return to dust
I would go with Ibanez or something with emgs or at least humbuckers.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
esp EC500
Viper 400

Schecter Hellraiser
Esp MH
'
basically an ESP/LTD or a Schecter will probably cover it
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Quote by nz_matt
Emmure and The Red Shore are hardcore

What the ****? They're both deathcore. There are too many 'cores anyway.
yea actually i take it back. most metalcore bands seem to play guitar with EMG's so probably anything with EMG's will manage.

If you can get the tone form your amp just get a guitar with two humbuckers that you can palyn on and yuor fine. My les paul works fine
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Quote by BGSM

What the ****? They're both deathcore. There are too many 'cores anyway.

You're an idiot.
Quote by recklessnick
ok, stfu.

les paul.

nuff said.

*ends supposedly tuffguy speech*

They're good but I wish more people would try playing something different instead of copying each other.
Quote by Tapping_Ninja
Les Pual's

SG's

Strats

And Telecasters

Those are the most commen one's I see that most local hardcore bands play. But don't get a tele cause they are ugly...

Yeah... don't get one... because they're ugly...
Quote by lachyray
Quote by Tapping_Ninja
Les Pual's

SG's

Strats

And Telecasters

lol @ strats and teles
YEEE BRA
Quote by nz_matt
You're an idiot.

You know what I mean. I should have said August Burns Red or something. Also, at least I've been a bit helpful in the thread unlike you.
Quote by 93dric
lol @ strats and teles

yer lol @ dem lol. funeist gittars eva
Quote by lachyray
Quote by BGSM
You know what I mean. I should have said August Burns Red or something. Also, at least I've been a bit helpful in the thread unlike you.

No you haven't.
Quote by lachyray
I like teles, If I was in a hardcore band I'd use my Ibanez silver series (strat rip off). You got distortion? you're good to go.
actually. if you think about it. strats and teles wouldnt be to bad if your doing HARDCORE. they work with punk bands.

but they look butt ugly.

esp. telecasters
YEEE BRA
Quote by BGSM
^ Depends what Gio, they don't all look like SG's... Don't get a Gio anyway, they're a starter guitar.

Seriously, anything will do for hardcore. Try out whatever, and if you like the playability then buy it. The ESP's are always nice though, either the EC's or the MH's. Make sure it's got a bridge humbucker.

i know that thats why i specifically said the 1 that lokks like a sg
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by 93dric
actually. if you think about it. strats and teles wouldnt be to bad if your doing HARDCORE. they work with punk bands.

but they look butt ugly.

esp. telecasters

dude i get off on telecasters.
Guys... Anything with an EMG

Or any Dean guitar. My ML Knight kicks ass playing any -core songs.
everyone's suggesting mad expensive guitars,
for a price comparable to what you listed...
schecter hellraiser ftw.
far better than anything within 200$ of it.
Jacksons, Les Pauls or ESP. Thats pretty much standard from the hardcore bands I've seen in my life. Strats and Tele's suck. Unless you got Jim Roots custom model. Other than that they're good for just good ol' rock or blues/jazz.

But get something with active pickups. I got a Jackson DKMG Dinky with EMG 81/85's and it owns, especially in drop C.
Basically anything with a bridge humbucker will do. Between those two, the Schecter is the better guitar. I would look used on craigslist, you can find some great deals on there.

Personally, I use my Parker Nitefly M for lead and my Schecter C-1 Classic for rythym.

Also, nz_matt, you are quite the antagonistic douchebag.

EDIT: TS, I refuse to believe you are playing through a Krank stack. It really doesn't make sense that you're going to be playing a $300 guitar through a $2000+ amp. If you are, sell the Krank and spend $1000 on a sick used amp (I would recommend Marshall, Carvin, or possibly Mesa Boogie for the best tone/value) and $1000 on a new guitar.
Last edited by hardrock1315 at Jan 8, 2009,
If you've got the right amplifier then any guitar will be good.

A lot of bands use Teles, Strats (so single coil equipped guitars) and a lot of bands use Les Pauls and other types of guitars with humbuckers, so there's no answer for your question really.
It's all preference. Which guitar you prefer.

Hell, you even could play hardcore on a Gretsch hollowbody if you know what to play and have a good amp.

And don't buy a guitar for the looks.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Les Pauls and SGs are pretty much the only guitars I'd play in a hardcore band with.
I dont own the krank stack, my mate does and we plan on using it at our gigs coming up.
I'd say the Gibson Les Paul or SG are the best for hardcore, but thats just opinion.
Some people like fenders.
I happen to like I banez a lot for metal influenced stuff. But the Les Paul would def be my number one choice.
Quote by hardrock1315
Also, nz_matt, you are quite the antagonistic douchebag.

WAH WAH WAH.

Everything I've said in this thread has been right. Go cry about it.
Quote by lachyray