I've never really thought about this before but I wanted to know the main differences between the ernie ball strings. Normally I just buy whatever but if anyone can give me a link to the main differences or just a personal opinion that would be awesome. Thanks
Quote by Zorber777
I've never really thought about this before but I wanted to know the main differences between the ernie ball strings. Normally I just buy whatever but if anyone can give me a link to the main differences or just a personal opinion that would be awesome. Thanks

I use the pink pack. It's .09 to .42

They are the perfect fit for me.

The only difference between the strings is that some are thicker/thinner than others.

I would recommend looking at the string gages on the front of the pack, and just experiment.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
which strings do you mean???

do you mean like the difference between super slinky and regular slinky??? cos that is just the string guage.

super are 9's and regular are 10's.

if you go to their website they have all the info on differenct strings on there ;-)
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
i've used regular 10-46's (2221) alot and i like em, to me they play like butter.

i've also used skinny top heavy bottom 10-52's (2215) alot, and although i like them alot, i prefer them with heavier styles of music, and use heavy picks generally (2mm). Also, they are a tad hard to play (depends on your finger strength, i've been only playing this yr) in standard tuning on a 25.5 scale guitar with no trem.
I use Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms in Standard/Drop D and they suit me perfectly. ^_^

Usually they're just the gauges, you should just experiment and find what fits you.
I used to use 10-52 all the time, and do to record. But for live purposes I use a 9-46 set, just to make it that much easier to play.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
I use Regular Slinkys 10-46 and love them
Ever Dance with the Devil in The Pale Moonlight?
they ALL feel different. I've gone from 10-46 to 11-48 to 9-42, then to 9-46, now I'm back to 10-46.

I just don't like the feel of any but the 10-46.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com