Page 1 of 2
k well i do have a band right now...but were like soooooo small ...meaning we dont have much gigs and stuff and were not very very skilled yet (but were not bad)
and we have this dream to be one day famous like zeppelin but hoenstly it seems SOOO impossible

ive been browsing around the forums check out other ppl's bands and they all sound so much better than my band right now everything from their skills to how they arrange to their songs...

but at the same time look at jonas bros and all that crap on TV that are much famous than good bands ive heard..

so honestly What does it take to get famous.... is it just connections?? luck??

You tell me

thank you very much
i think its being in the right spot at the right time, getting noticed by someone in a record industry, and being hooked up with a record deal from there.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Teeny bopper fans.
Quote by Its_Rock77
you are a god.

I haven't been on UG in ages... I miss you guys

[="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"]
Its a lot of things really. Talent helps, obviously, but that's not the only factor. today the industry is far different from the sixties or seventies where you could get a deal that much easier if your music was unique, and there were not as many musicians as there is today. today there are so many musicians, so many genre's, and so many bands, its hard to get famous. but if you want to be famous you've got to have talent, good songs,an appealing image ( example = Jonas bros, who are all image and a F*cking rich do to it) and you gotta ask what kind of fame do you want? are you willing to change yourself or your music to get big? there are of course obvious exclusions - metallica was pretty famous, but they did not get huge until the black album. same with RHCP, who were not that huge until they quit playing there funk/ rap stuff. so basically its all what you put into it, time effort, and so on.
Peavy Cirrus 5 string
Squire Jazz bass
Berhinger ultrabass head, 450 cabinet
Resident Marvel Comic expert of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
]My band's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/jenovamusicpage
my band got signed, and yet we probably will never be famous.
just play music, and be happy playing music.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Get noticed, get a solid Fanbase, write your own songs, not covers, start Networking.

It's only a few who end up as the J-Bros, and you don't want to be them.

A solid fanbase is important if you don't want to be forgotten after just one good hit.

A cover-band does not become famous

Networks is good for getting gigs so you can be noticed and so you can gain fans.

It does not take luck, it takes work and as I read earlier, you have to be in the right place at the right time.
DeVillains!
Playing a type of music that the record-buying public wants to hear
Quote by bigwillie
CornLord, you just blew my mind.
Alcohol and drugs lots of drugs don't forget drugs
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
Exposure, publicity, talent.
and most of all, luck.
money helps too.

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

A sound like everybody else plus a little something different
B have a gimmick(female singer, masks etc..)

C...sell out
Oh, and if you want to be remembered 20 years after you've become famous, you'd rather likely have to be fresh, you have to deliver something that hasn't been delivered before.

Take Metallica for instance, they would not become so famous if they surfaced today. Why? Because back then, Trash Metal was new, They were... Different from many other of the Hair Metal bands that was in LA back then.

If you deliver something fresh, it's bigger chance to become remembered, but the chance to become famous depends on what I've said earlier
DeVillains!
The Jonas Brothers are a marketing gold mine. They'd be like Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. Looks, 'talent', abilty to sell things from stationary to clothing, etc. Many people would pick things up if it was going to make money and things like the Jonas Brothers are easy money. They have an endless supply of young people who worship them, that will buy crap and all of that brings money to the recording industry, etc.

If you want your band to get picked up a bit more then I'd say go for playing some parties, keep working out the kinks and then eventually build up a following. You can move to clubs after that and drag the following with you, hopefully it will build. But few people make it in the biz and its hard work to remain in there.
I'm Stuck In The Pit And I Can't Get Out... But Do You Really Need To Go Anywhere Else On The Site?

John Clark: "It's the drugs I tell you. High school students are crazed because of all the drugs they do. We need drug testing for all students."
if you're good enough and work hard you can get noticed by the right people.

I also have a friend of mine who's gotten calls from big lables about stuff he did, things that don't fit at all into what he wants to write or play himself. but he wrote a radio friendly song which were meant to be easy to listen to, which a record lable took a interest in. so now, he has the number to a guy sitting high up in the food chain of a large lable, with instructions to give him a call if he has some songs lying around.

sell out a little (you heard me) to get noticed, get some connections.

also, read up. for example -> http://indiebandsurvivalguide.com/
im seroiusly dumb but what do u guys mean by selling out?? like play **** i dont like? or what
Quote by rasker
selling out = writing music that sells

In this day and age,
I have to agree with you.

One of my professors was a total 60's hippie,
and he always plays music from then in between classes,
and compared to music today,
its just different.

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

I'll gladly join the jonas brothers to become famous, then from there I'll create my melodic death metal band..
Quote by ship shop
SINGING FAGGOT
never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna run around and desert you

never gonna make you cry
never gonna say goodbye
never gonna tell a lie or hurt you!

damn i just got rolled
You need to sound good, image is good, as is your live shows. You need to promote yourselves too.
It's in the writing.

You need to REALLY listen to Led Zeppelin, and if possible, analyze what they're doing in terms of build and creating something original. You should also listen to other great original writers, like Tool, or whatever you fancy.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
sell out first

after a year on the lame label and playing horrible Scene music

Suddenly take a "new" direction into your real music

thats how you play the record company
and they will drop you
but by then another Good label would pick you back up
this strategy works for many bands as far as i know
Quote by SOADriff
i think its being in the right spot at the right time, getting noticed by someone in a record industry, and being hooked up with a record deal from there.

This.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by hightension01
sell out first

after a year on the lame label and playing horrible Scene music

Suddenly take a "new" direction into your real music

thats how you play the record company
and they will drop you
but by then another Good label would pick you back up
this strategy works for many bands as far as i know

Normally it's the other way around, bands start out good and then they sell out...
Quote by RazerX
Teeny Bopper fans

or metal fanboys

2 most loyal and substantial fanbases

I think we can add Christian music fans.
Some Like It Hot...

Gibson Angus Young Signature SG
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique
Gibson Faded 3 Pickup Flying V
Some Line 6 Amp...

...Some Like It Not Quite So Hot!
Plan A;
Step 1: Inite your band members over to your house. Tell them to bring all their equipment because you want to work on some new material. Once they enter the house shackle them to some non-movable object and setup their gear for them. Keep them as your prisoners for the next month and make them play continuously. If they refuse, give them tiny papercuts on their chest.

Step 2: After you've made them practise until you can all play as great as any other band. Set them free. Then continuously take your instruments out in public and play at random locations. (Wal-Mart is the best attention grabber). Spam tons of people on myspace telling them to checkout your band or their family members will die soon. E-mail local record labels and see if they will hear you guys play. If there's an even where you can play music and not get arrested for trespassing, go there!

Step 3: Force friends and family memebers to broadcast you as well. Make t-shirts with your bands name and when people ask you who the band is. Play your music extremely loud, that way if they walk away, they'll still be forced to listen. Show up at random houses and hand out flyers.

Plan B;

Step 1: Practice your asses off until you get the great sound you want. Stop focusing on being famous and focus more on the music. Even if you are famous, that doesn't make your band good. . . .
Quote by die_kenny_die
ate a girl out on her period...

i regret nothing.

I know how to shred paper, does that count?
you sould make a youtube account once your band is good enough, and try making a fanbase in the real world as well. set up myspace, youtube,etc and reality, thats most important
Image. Luck. Promotion. It is the age of the 'myspace and youtube' band.

PLay what you love and love what you play.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by Portuguese_boy
I'll gladly join the jonas brothers to become famous, then from there I'll create my melodic death metal band..

Hah! Cower, Jonas Brothers, for you have been infiltrated by GOOD MUSIC!!

But seriously, my answer to this is to hope for talent, not fame...the famous musicians are normally the ones with no talent who get other people to write, play, and record their music, while they just pose on the CD's and mouth the words in concerts.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Last edited by entity0009 at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by Antimage27
k well i do have a band right now...but were like soooooo small ...meaning we dont have much gigs and stuff and were not very very skilled yet (but were not bad)
and we have this dream to be one day famous like zeppelin but hoenstly it seems SOOO impossible

ive been browsing around the forums check out other ppl's bands and they all sound so much better than my band right now everything from their skills to how they arrange to their songs...

but at the same time look at jonas bros and all that crap on TV that are much famous than good bands ive heard..

so honestly What does it take to get famous.... is it just connections?? luck??

You tell me

thank you very much

the media aims for mediocrity..yes..luck and connections have alot to do with it
Suck dick, a lot of it.

This is such a stupid question. Sooooooo you get a stupid answer.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
rape everyone, youll definitly get air time then lol.

ill never falter.ill stand my ground.

yes, i am a girl.
Quote by kaybee
rape everyone, youll definitly get air time then lol.

If with air time you mean a collection of STDs that would put most 16th century prostitutes to shame, then yes.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Page 1 of 2