hey im not too sure on how to go about this, and thought i should ask so i dont break it

do i take the strings off first?

put the metal pole in the whole at the base of the neck and turn?

Jack
Feels Good Man

...there's a metal train that's a mile long and at the very back end a lightning bolt struck her. How long til it reaches and kills the driver, provided that he's a good conductor...
Last edited by jack_mckinnon at Jan 5, 2009,
that's truss rod stuff there, and i usually have a guitar Luthier i know make all my equipment adjustments. so if you can hold off, id take it to like a GC or something, so if they **** up, your not out a **** ton of cash.
Peavy Cirrus 5 string
Squire Jazz bass
Berhinger ultrabass head, 450 cabinet
Resident Marvel Comic expert of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
]My band's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/jenovamusicpage
If your neck has a decent curve to it, give the truss rod a half to a full turn (Clockwise).

If there is no fret buzz, do a half turns (Counter Clock wise) on every nut on the bridge until you get a little fret buzz. Then back off with 1/4 turns (Clock wise) on the bridge nuts until the buzz is gone or bearable.

or

If there is fret buzz, back off with 1/4 turns (Clock wise) on the bridge nuts until the buzz is gone or bearable.
Last edited by Nike-Man at Jan 5, 2009,
Haaaang on.

You want to change the action, right?

There should be no need to change the truss rod at all!

That's for neck relief, not action. Action is changed by adjusting the bridge saddles.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nike-Man
If your neck has a decent curve to it, give the truss rod a half to a full turn (Clockwise).

If there is no fret buzz, do a half turns (Counter Clock wise) on every nut on the bridge until you get a little fret buzz. Then back off with 1/4 turns (Clock wise) on the bridge nuts until the buzz is gone or bearable.

or

If there is fret buzz, back off with 1/4 turns (Clock wise) on the bridge nuts until the buzz is gone or bearable.

nononononononononon

as long as there isnt any warping or severe bowing in the neck, theres no reason to even touch the truss rod.

You see the two little holes on the saddles. You need to get a real little allen key and turn it in there.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Seriously dont mess with the truss rod, youll strip that bitch and then youll be in trouble.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Seriously dont mess with the truss rod, youll strip that bitch and then youll be in trouble.

hehe.

I'm sorry, I had to point that out.

Anyways....

As has been said a few times, leave adjusting the truss rod to the professionals. If it's a problem, take it to your nearest guitar store and they'll fix it.

You change the action by using a little allen key and turning those little screw things in the bridge, NOT doing anything with the truss rod.
Quote by Nike-Man

or

Very wrong. Don't do this (you risk damaging the neck of your bass).

Don't mess with the truss rod unless it is absolutely necessary. Adjust the action at the bridge by raising/lowering the height of the saddles (the notched cylindrical pieces that the strings rest on).

I realize that the bass used in the example is not an ATK, but a visual should help if you're not getting this. http://www.tunemybass.com/bass_setup/bass_string_height.html
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Last edited by Beast_Within at Jan 5, 2009,