can i make my epiphone les paul standard into a gibson les pauls standard? im mainly talking looks like headstock wise and so on..... soundwise its already perfect
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
No.

Gibsons are made from superior wood, put together by superior luthiers, and use superior hardware and pickups.

You can still upgrade your Epiphone, but it would be impossible to make it into a Gibson.
Quote by blue_strat
No.

Gibsons are made from superior wood, put together by superior luthiers, and use superior hardware and pickups.

You can still upgrade your Epiphone, but it would be impossible to make it into a Gibson.

Yes and no.

I wouldn't call it "superior" wood in this case, more like different tonal characteristics. Gibsons are grittier while Epiphones are a bit darker. Also, everything on the electronic aspect can be upgraded to match/surpass Gibsons. Constrction quality isn't always an issue. Apart from that, why would you want to make it into a Gibson if it already souds perfect?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Jan 5, 2009,
So you want to change it just to LOOK like a gibson?

Fanboy ftl
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
So you want to change it just to LOOK like a gibson?

Fanboy ftl
. Yeah just looks I just want it to look like a Gibson for my own reasons
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
Quote by wigzwamz
. Yeah just looks I just want it to look like a Gibson for my own reasons

he probably told his friend or other person he talks and brags to that he's got a gibson, and now they want proof. so he needs to make his epiphone into a gibson to try and make it look like he actually has one..

amirite?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by theguitarplayin
dont get caught up in name brands, pansey. ive heard a 90 dollar no name pawn shop guitar sound just as goos as some PRSs ive tested. its all a mtter of how it sounds and plays. forget name brands

+3,14159

But the truth is, most people (even here on UG) still put down brands like Squier or Epiphone.
[Mainly without reason, because they are, in fact, nice guitars. Not just "entry-level" guitars.]
So, people concerned about what other people think of their guitars will obviously try to make their cheaper guitars look major branded.

As far as i'm concerned, i have a Squier Strat that i love, and i'm not going to put a Fender logo on the headstock and neckplate just to say "Hey, i got a Fender!".

Last friday i went to my band's drummer's house, and his oldest brother was there, and he has one of those expensive Fender Strats, the same as Mike McCready from "Pearl Jam".
I asked him to try my Squier and to be brutally honest about his opinion, and after playing various kind of stuff, he said that the only thing he didn't like was the big frets (he prefers small frets, to slide easily and to play a bit faster).
He liked everything else about it: construction, materials, pickups, action... And he specially liked the neck feeling.

In conclusion, if you like your guitar, don't change it just to make it look like a more expensive one. You'll just waste time and money, in my opinion.

Now, modding a guitar... That's something else...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Jan 5, 2009,
Just as you cant change a ford into a chevy you cant change a epi into a gibson. If you went to all the trouble of sanding the headstock finish off and got a gibson inlay it wont magically become a gibson. And would still have the 3 screw truss rod a dead give away and the headstock shape would still be wrong. There have been many threads on here about champagne taste on beer budgets. Either get over your issue or go buy a gibson.
I like that analogy, champagne taste on beer budgets. +1 to you tackleberry.

The epiphone already is about as close to looking like a Gibson as it's going to get
Quote by wigzwamz
can i make my epiphone les paul standard into a gibson les pauls standard? im mainly talking looks like headstock wise and so on..... soundwise its already perfect

No, you can't.

Besides, if it sounds perfect why are you bothered about the headstock...get a grip.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
short answer no
long answer nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
If you think you need it to look like a Gibson, just get a headstock decal.
Should cost you about a fiver off ebay. That's the main (distinctive) difference in appearance.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

guys i've got a dog...just wondering if i could change it into a cat somehow?
cheers
Gear
ESP LTD Truckster James Hetfield Sig
120W Bugera 333 Amp
Harley Benton G212 Vintage Cab

Desired Gear
ESP EX Diamond
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
MXR 10-Band EQ

C4C
Illusory Master