Poll: Would you be happy to see Zeppelin tour with Steven Tyler instead of Robert Plant?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you be happy to see Zeppelin tour with Steven Tyler instead of Robert Plant?
Yes.
20 20%
No.
36 36%
Nobody can replace Plant, but Tyler did a good job.
35 35%
I didn't like it, but even if it was good, nobody can replace Plant.
9 9%
Voters: 100.
Would you think Steven Tyler would be a good replacement? I just saw him here
and thought he did a great job. I'm not saying I've heard rumours or anything, but it just sprung to my head that he'd probably be a suitable replacement.

Discuss.
Last edited by fretsonfire74 at Jan 5, 2009,
isn't there a thread about this already posted yesterday?
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
Quote by elimination1021
isn't there a thread about this already posted yesterday?

I didn't see anything, but if you post the link, I'll delete this and just read through/bump that one.
Tyler Has nothing on Page. And why does led Zeppelin have to reunite with different members. That'd be like if every band Chris Cornell was in was considered soundgarden.
there is no quote in this box
Steven Tyler is a lame. That chinese/japenese guy from Journey should definately do it.
they should just make a new band name or theyll **** up led zeppelin like what axls done to GnR. Or do what queen are doing. Queen + paul rodgers.
Quote by lufkin
Tyler Has nothing on Page. And why does led Zeppelin have to reunite with different members. That'd be like if every band Chris Cornell was in was considered soundgarden.

I think you mean Plant, I don't think Steve Tyler fancies himself as a great guitarist

I'm not saying they have to re-unite, and I'd actually be happy to see them let Led Zeppelin age gracefully and leave behind their legacy that was and is Led Zeppelin. I'm just saying that if they did decide to start it again and by some freak chance Steve Tyler was the new frontman, I honestly don't think I'd complain.
steven rocks! i..they should play together with an other name.
I don't really care, but how pished does Jimmy Page look/sound in that intro bit?

addendum: There's so much hair dye on that stage "Just For Men" can probably live off them.
Last edited by freedoms_stain at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by freedoms_stain
I don't really care, but how pished does Jimmy Page look/sound in that intro bit?

addendum: There's so much hair dye on that stage "Just For Men" can probably live off them.

Plant is not replaceable.

Althought I heard someone considered Myles Kennedy.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
I hate led zeppelin... so boring
so couldn't care less

*opens flame shield*
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Sounds like an awful idea.
Quote by chrismetal86
Reporting threads is for lame-ass backseat modders
Quote by Guitar0player
Plant is not replaceable.

Althought I heard someone considered Myles Kennedy.

reportedly, page was at an Alter Bridge show in London in November watching Myles and Myles has reportedly rehearsed with them, BUT Myles has said on camera in an interview at the end of November that he is not singing for LZ. take that as you will considering page's camp has said that if anything happens without plant it WILL NOT be called LZ. it'll be a new band with a new name and new material. AB is definitely putting together their third album this year, so who knows. I'm leaning toward the no side of it, imo. I think Myles would do a phenomenal job if he got the job and chose to do it, but I'd be just as happy if he didn't, simply because it'd leave no questions as to AB's future. even though they have every intention of staying together if he did do it (and I'd expect nothing different), you just never know what could happen. as much as I know it'd be a dream for Myles, and I'd be thrilled for him if he did it, I'd prefer it not happen for AB's sake.
page already said it wouldnt be called Led Zeppelin. but yeah tyler would be the most suitable person as far as style and range goes IMO.
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Quote by Flying Couch
I'd rather he get to work on a new Aerosmith album; something like Honkin' on Bobo.

This, Steven should stay with Aerosmith.

Robert Plant can't be replaced, no one can moan like him.
tyler's voice is only good for some of their songs. He'd sound terrible on the songs that require a smoother edge to them.
Plant was always the worst part of Led Zep, they could just just ask a tribute band or a guest singer to sing.
*MEGA-BIG-F***IN-FLAMESHIELD*

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
like its said before, if they go on without Plant they should take another name otherwise they will be one of those bands like Queen + Paul Rogers is etc.

still I would sell my sould too see them live
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're a horrible, horrible person.

only to the people who deserve it
Quote by hugh20
Plant was always the worst part of Led Zep, they could just just ask a tribute band or a guest singer to sing.

Seriously, Plant was such an amazing and complete singer in his heyday. To go from songs like Black Dog and Communication Breakdown to the more subtle and soulful ones such as That's the Way and Going to California takes some talent and range.
Quote by hugh20

your flameshield is insufficient

robert plant just topped a survey of best classic rock voices beating freddy murcury bon scott and other legends

thus your opinion= wrong
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
They're both totally kickass singers
But I don't think Steven could front Zeppelin in the same way I don't think Plant could front Aerosmith.

Two awesome bands, two awesome singers but I wouldn't mix them up like that, it just wouldn't be right.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet