Page 4 of 14
Has anyone else besides me checked out lovesliescrushing?

Honestly, I'm becoming more and mroe obsessed by the week.

"Xuvetyn" is beyond astounding. Did I ever mention the entire album was recorded on a 4 TRACK?!?!?!

Seriously, this is lo-fi shoegaze that sounds like anything but. I still can't believe this entire album was made on a 4 track. It's mind blowing.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20

"Xuvetyn" is beyond astounding. Did I ever mention the entire album was recorded on a 4 TRACK?!?!?!

Seriously, this is lo-fi shoegaze that sounds like anything but. I still can't believe this entire album was made on a 4 track. It's mind blowing.

i havn't listened to anything by them tbh. only listened to some astrobrite which i've liked. i might try the album you mentioned.
Quote by fallenangel20

It is so ****ing hard to find any complete release by them for download. All I can get is whatever little there is on Youtube -_-

The same goes for so many other great bands (I want those Skywave ep's) ;(
Quote by toyboxmonster
It is so ****ing hard to find any complete release by them for download. All I can get is whatever little there is on Youtube -_-

i got a link to lovesliescrushing's discography, if you're interested. i have also found the skywave eps.
Quote by toyboxmonster

I use Soulseek. And, if that doesn't work, Demonoid usually has what I'm looking for.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by Jonnybin123
I <3 M83, favorite band right now.

Listening to them now, so far they're really good.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by fallenangel20
I use Soulseek. And, if that doesn't work, Demonoid usually has what I'm looking for.

I'm on soulseek al lthe time. I just can't find them o.O

By the way, has anyone heard the new track by the Horrors? It's very Shoegaze-y. The beginning really doesn't sound like anything special, but it beuilds up into this huge wall of sound.

It's called "Sea Within a Sea". Check it out on Youtube.
ye Sea Within A Sea is brilliant, never listened to their first album but if the second is gunna be like this then it'll be ace. the song creeps up on you, at first you think it's nothing special then without realising it you're enjoying it immensely. Shortest feeling 8 minute song ever.

http://www.thehorrors.co.uk/audio2349rf/seawithinasea.mp3

right clink, save target/link as... etc
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
I have to say, I wish the beginning didn't drag out so much. The whole opening section seems a little out of place to me. I actually really enjoyed their first release, which was more along the lines of noise-pop/garage rock. I'm excited to see what the new album'll be like , though.
Can somebody recommend me some starter shoegaze? I know about My Bloody Valentines and a couple other obvious ones already, I like what I've heard of this genre so far.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Listen to some Ride, Lush, Slowdive, Cocteau Twins, etc. Skim through the list on the first page too and find some other shoegaze you like, too.

Oh and Signal Hill = awesome.
Thanks, I'll check those out.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I hate to keep whoring them, but after your first set of good, long listens, check out lovesliescrushing.

I don't want to make them out to be some kind of "advanced shoegaze" listen, I just don't feel like they're a good starting band. "Xuvetyn" is a masterpiece, IMO.

Probably my #2 favorite shoegaze act. They REALLY took the ambient "Loveless" feel and made it their own unique sound.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
I hate to keep whoring them, but after your first set of good, long listens, check out lovesliescrushing.

I don't want to make them out to be some kind of "advanced shoegaze" listen, I just don't feel like they're a good starting band. "Xuvetyn" is a masterpiece, IMO.

Probably my #2 favorite shoegaze act. They REALLY took the ambient "Loveless" feel and made it their own unique sound.

Yeah, been enjoying Xuvetyn recently. They really aren't a good "starting band" as you say: there are no songs really and no drums. The pursuit of texture taken to extremes. Nice.

If you like that give "To Kill a Petty Bourgeousie" a listen.
I may have spelled that wrong.
Quote by Bluesbreaker7
Yeah, been enjoying Xuvetyn recently. They really aren't a good "starting band" as you say: there are no songs really and no drums. The pursuit of texture taken to extremes. Nice.

If you like that give "To Kill a Petty Bourgeousie" a listen.
I may have spelled that wrong.

The amount of ethereal atmosphere that is used it literally insane. And I'm STILL having a hard time believing it was all recorded on a four track.

And, will do.

Saxo-Walrus

Got Slowdive - Pygmalion on at the moment. Beautiful. Where Dreampop meets electronic techniques - loops etc. all over it.
I listened to To Kill a Petty Bourgeoisie.

It was...... alright. I like the vibe, but a lot of it sounds kind of lifeless. There isn't that overwhelming feeling I expect from the genre in most of their songs.

I'll give it a re-listen soon, though.

Saxo-Walrus

japanese shoegaze is EXCELLENT

check out

Coaltar of the Deepers (my fav band ever)
Nanocycle
Luminous Orange
Cruyff in the Bedroom
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by goldmember1217
Listen to some Ride, Lush, Slowdive, Cocteau Twins, etc. Skim through the list on the first page too and find some other shoegaze you like, too.

Oh and Signal Hill = awesome.

I actually really, really don't care for the Cocteau Twins. They feel bulky and un-streamlined to me.
^^I don't really like them either. Somehow their ambiguous lyrics annoy me. Not just because I can't understand them but because it almost feels like they're doing it just for the sake of being eccentric. Loko at Tori Amos, she messes with the pronunciation but you still understand the vocals. And I don't care about "making vocals into an instrument". It's weird though because I don't usually care about lyrics at all and never know the words to any song but they (Cocteau) struck a nerve somehow..

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
I've recently started getting into shoegaze, and discovered this great band, called Working for a Nuclear Free City.

All American Taste
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwRNKlhLNVw

This one is very Radiohead-y. They're brilliant.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Quote by nightraven
my favourite Adorable songs

click them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfHQ-ig2pkA - "Sunshine Smile" - Adorable's debut - easily their most famous song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR0aL2oYupY - "Lettergo" - one of their mellow songs, wonderful guitar tone, beautiful vocals...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQTpEu71IrM - "Sisting Chapel Ceiling" - not my favourite but it has loads of great moments in it and it's also one of their bigger hits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkM763Ox-Qw - "Homeboy" - super catchy bassline, one of their poppier songs

now for my two tied favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=getmXlcPT50 - "Breathless" - best song to nap to, it's very moving and one of those spine tingling songs for me >.<
on my hour long journey to school on the bus this song always pops up just at the end of their greatest hits albums as i get off the bus when i've just woken up and i'm still in a big daze lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFpfwrkZ4g - "Cut #2" - the lyrics compliment the rest of the harmony so well here and i just love the climaxes in this song oh lawd this song is amazing

i saw your other thread and decided to check them out. remind me of ride. they're good.
Quote by philjay
^^I don't really like them either. Somehow their ambiguous lyrics annoy me. Not just because I can't understand them but because it almost feels like they're doing it just for the sake of being eccentric. Loko at Tori Amos, she messes with the pronunciation but you still understand the vocals. And I don't care about "making vocals into an instrument". It's weird though because I don't usually care about lyrics at all and never know the words to any song but they (Cocteau) struck a nerve somehow..

I really don't mind the lyrics. It's just the sound. It doesn't sound "together"enough. It's sort of the type of sound that occurs when the songwriting is left ot a single member of a band: it's bulky, clunky, linear.
Interesting, I'll have a listen for the sake of interstingness.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
K if pyramids are allowed on then The Angelic Process HAVE to go on. Just lush. The story behind the band is so sad as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgH6VBchjEA&feature=PlayList&p=D5BCAE15312F6C33&index=0&playnext=1
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by soccermom
K if pyramids are allowed on then The Angelic Process HAVE to go on. Just lush. The story behind the band is so sad as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgH6VBchjEA&feature=PlayList&p=D5BCAE15312F6C33&index=0&playnext=1

Listening now.

I'm ten seconds in.

I'm hooked.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
Listening now.

I'm ten seconds in.
I'm hooked.

Yeah they are amazing. The band compromised of a husband and wife if I am not mistaken, however the husband ( K.Anglylus) took his life after an accident meant he couldn't play guitar anymore
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
o_O

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by soccermom
Yeah they are amazing. The band compromised of a husband and wife if I am not mistaken, however the husband ( K.Anglylus) took his life after an accident meant he couldn't play guitar anymore

Hm.
i've tried to get into lovesliescrushing but i think i prefer astrobrite. anybody the same?
Never listened to Astrobrite.

Saxo-Walrus

I haven't taken A LOT of time to listen to them, but what I listened to on there was good. I'll have to dig deeper.

Also, I think I have finally settled on my favorite shoegaze (or at least shoegaze-esque) moment in any song ever (well, my favorite for now. ).

The huge wall of lush sound near the middle of Sigur Ros' "Saeglopur". That's always been one of my favorite Sigur Ros songs, but the more I listen to it, the more I feel myself slowly drift more and more into its sonic majesty....

Saxo-Walrus

Yes, that bit of Saeglopur is some serious tune-age. I think the second half of Ny Batteri counts as a similar moment.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.

I just love the use of feedback. It's so utterly moving.

Saxo-Walrus

So this is kind of related seeing as shoegaze stemmed from it but can anyone suggest me some good noise rock bands? maybe similar to The King Lizard...
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
As for shoegaze, my knowledge is limited to Ride's Nowhere and My Bloody Valentine's Loveless (both are fantastic), so my question is wich other shoegaze albums are must haves?
Quote by Release
As for shoegaze, my knowledge is limited to Ride's Nowhere and My Bloody Valentine's Loveless (both are fantastic), so my question is wich other shoegaze albums are must haves?

Jesu, anything by them, they defy genre IMO because of his constant redefining, but like with the best shoegaze bands, his music is so emotive, despite being minimalistic at times. I would recommended 'Conqueror' by far his 'poppiest' album, and the best to get you into them. AND my favorite.
Quote by Malakian88

Indeed.