Page 5 of 14
Or "Silver".

The title track is Shoegaze².
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Bought The Best of Chapterhouse yesterday, it's bloody brilliant.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
I got "Loveless" on CD yesterday for $6, and "( )" by Sigur Ros for $8.

Borders was having this massive 50% off sale on a ton of their CDs, and all of their DVDs. I snatched them both up as soon as I saw them.

Saxo-Walrus

Finally got Loveless.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Oh, I had already listened to Loveless more times than I could have ever wanted to count.

I just finally bought it.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by Bluesbreaker7
Welcome to the best record of the 90s.

I know, I listened to it all night.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I want to get into M83 more. I have Saturdays = Youth and it's amazing. Kim & Jessie is just such a good song, very Cheap Trick and gets stuck in the head quicker than shit through a goose.

Anybody got any of their other albums?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I want to get into M83 more. I have Saturdays = Youth and it's amazing. Kim & Jessie is just such a good song, very Cheap Trick and gets stuck in the head quicker than shit through a goose.

Anybody got any of their other albums?

Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts

It's the only album of theirs I have, and I adore it. I need to get more, as well.

I think I'll get "Saturdays", now that I know it's good.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by batesyy
slowdive. awesome

Yeah, both the earlier more conventional stuff but especially Pygmalion.
Quote by Bluesbreaker7

i absolute adore the last song on 'just for day,' its called primal. its insane
--------------------------------------------------------
Quote by fallenangel20
Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts

It's the only album of theirs I have, and I adore it. I need to get more, as well.

I think I'll get "Saturdays", now that I know it's good.

I'll trade you then

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I'm really new to this and I really like Mew. Can someone suggest where I should go to next?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at May 27, 2009,
Silversun Pickups.
Although Mew are pretty unique in style (vocally). Just check them out on youtube and download what you like

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
the pain of being pure at heart, anyone?
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by sponj
the pain of being pure at heart, anyone?

I like them a lot (but then what coud possibly be better than twee shoegaze)?
Also really nice guys.
I'll be seeing them at Pitchfork this year. I love their debut album. Really sweet.

Anyone here into Asobi Seksu? I saw them live a while back, and, while closer to dream pop than pure shoegaze, they were amazing.
Last edited by LordBaxtus at May 27, 2009,
Quote by Bluesbreaker7

Pygmalion is gorgeous. It's too bad the shoegazing scene died shortly after the release of this album, because it could really have taken a more interesting turn.
Quote by LordBaxtus
I'll be seeing them at Pitchfork this year. I love their debut album. Really sweet.

Anyone here into Asobi Seksu? I saw them live a while back, and, while closer to dream pop than pure shoegaze, they were amazing.

i've seen them live and it was one of the worst shows i've ever been to
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
There are a bunch of small but very good shoegaze bands on Youtube... It feels as though the genre is experiencing a slight revival.
I think that the shoegaze comeback is similar to Lomography - people like the lo-fi aspect of it. Gives it a certain je-ne-sais-quoi.

If you don't know what Lomography is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lomography

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
I do enjoy the more aggressive, noisier approach taken by some of the newer shoegazing bands like A Place to Bury Strangers, Ceremony, and Skywave, but I have difficulty really thinking of it as shoegazing.
To me shoegazing is about the abstract riffing of Pygmalion-era Slowdive, the angelic vocals of Loveless-era MBV... even Moose, who were fairly noisy, had a certain dreaminess both lyrically and musically that these "nu-gaze" groups are missing.
It's still good music... it just seems to be closer to the noise-pop of The Jesus and Mary Chain and early MBV than anything else.
only problem moose only had a handful of good songs, it depends some of it is based on jesus and mary chain style, but personally i really like the noisy side of shoegaze also found in bands like medicine, and i find pygmalion a bit boring after a while (i still love slowdive) and skywave is the two mentioned bands together and are a 90'S band, there is still plently of softer shoegaze out their you just need to find it! and nu gaze is a bit of a loose concept depends whether you think shoegaze actually ever stopped or was just a continuous genre which has existed throughout
Quote by Night_Lights
Coaltar of the Deepers

check them out.

OK, I checked them out. For future readers of this thread, let this be my sacrifice to you. You won't have to wonder, "Are they any good?"

They suck.
Can anyone suggest some noise rock bands perhaps similar to the jesus lizard and the drones?
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
Quote by ragingtom
only problem moose only had a handful of good songs, it depends some of it is based on jesus and mary chain style, but personally i really like the noisy side of shoegaze also found in bands like medicine, and i find pygmalion a bit boring after a while (i still love slowdive) and skywave is the two mentioned bands together and are a 90'S band, there is still plently of softer shoegaze out their you just need to find it! and nu gaze is a bit of a loose concept depends whether you think shoegaze actually ever stopped or was just a continuous genre which has existed throughout

NOOOOOO!!!
Quote by batesyy
anyone like skywave? echodrone is a great album.

They're pretty good, but APTBS does it better. Skywave sounds a little cheery at times, and the guitar work isn't nearly as interesting.
Quote by toyboxmonster
They're pretty good, but APTBS does it better. Skywave sounds a little cheery at times, and the guitar work isn't nearly as interesting.

i like both, but skywave hardly get a mention.
Quote by ragingtom
but ceremony do it better than both!

I need to listen to more of their material, but I can't find their albums for download anywhere <.<
^ i pm'ed you some links.

if anyone else wants, just pm me.

edit: there's links in the blog posted by nightraven too.
Last edited by batesyy at Jun 28, 2009,