i have an epiphoine les paul standard and i wanted to upgrade the stock pups to seymour duncans so i have questions

1. do i need to buy 2 pups for it or can i have one standard pup and a seymour?
2. do they need to be the same model?
3. is 50-75GBP a good price range?
4. is ebay a good place to buy them?
5. what model would be good for hard rock and metal styled music?

thanks
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
You can mix and match whatever pick ups you want, seymour duncans are a good choice and as for buying off eBay, as long as your 100% certain that you want them then buy them, otherwise test them out somewhere first. But then again, anywhere you do test them wont have exactly the same sound as it would on your epi.

I'm pretty sure I have Seymour Duncans on my guitar and they're pretty good.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Last edited by Birchall17 at Jan 5, 2009,
you can replace them individually
they don't need to be the same model
i have a duncan sh-4 (jb) and its great for hard rock.
i also have a gibson dirty fingers which is great also.
i prefer the dirty fingers.
Quote by Birchall17
You can mix and match whatever pick ups you want, seymour duncans are a good choice and as for buying off eBay, as long as your 100% certain that you want them then buy them, otherwise test them out somewhere first. But then again, anywhere you do test them wont have exactly the same sound as it would on your epi.

I'm pretty sure I have Seymour Duncans on my guitar and they're pretty good.

i suppose but ive only been playing about 2 years so i wont notice some tiny detail that someone more experienced would pick out..
Quote by Vauxite
alright
1. you can have one standard and one seymore, no probs, but using both at the sam etime will give you a very different tone, which is kool.
2. Therefore no they dont!
3. no offence but that price seems a little cheap, im not sure exactly how much they go for but i know that EMG-81's (great metal pickups) go for around 95GBP
4. buying guitar parts like that online isnt too good, you dont know what could come into contact with the pickups in transit, your better off buying them from a store, and in that case they can install them for you too (no easy task).
5. just about any seymore duncan full humbucker is good for playing metal, and the afore mentioned EMG-81's are great too.

hope this helps
Epiphone SG G-400 faded
Fender Strat
Fender Frontman amp
**Dream Guitar**
Fender telecaster '58 heavy relic in blonde

"its in the key of D minor, i find songs in this key makes people want to weep."
"its called Lick My Love Pump"
also ive been looking at some invaders on ebay but theyre all for the bridge can you reccomend any neck seymour duncan pups?
Quote by Vauxite
as the above guys said,
but then again, there are so many pickup manufacturers out there, and the pickup will always sound different in each guitar, my epi explorer i had a bare knuckle miracle man fitted in the bridge, and i kept the neck pickup, but reversed it, and i couldnt be happier with my sound goingthrough the gear i have, i mean as soon as i got my pickup i thought , oh yay immediate metal, but because of the way it breaks up i was playing blues for 6 weeks. i emailed the manufacturer, with what i play, what guitar i have etc, and he reccomended it, and its immense, really ask around before you buy your pickup, you could be seriosly dissapointed. but then again, could be immensley happy.
Quote by wigzwamz
also ive been looking at some invaders on ebay but theyre all for the bridge can you reccomend any neck seymour duncan pups?

i like the duncan 59 for the neck
what is the difference between a pearly gates humbucker and a invader humbucker sound wise
Quote by Vauxite
Quote by wigzwamz
i have an epiphoine les paul standard and i wanted to upgrade the stock pups to seymour duncans so i have questions

1. do i need to buy 2 pups for it or can i have one standard pup and a seymour?
2. do they need to be the same model?
3. is 50-75GBP a good price range?
4. is ebay a good place to buy them?
5. what model would be good for hard rock and metal styled music?

thanks

What amp are you using?
What's wrong with your tone at the moment?
How do you want it to change?

I wouldn't buy Duncans regardless, they're not the best value in the UK - and if you're asking for the differences between the PG and the Invader then they couldn't be any more different, perhaps try reading the descriptions on the Duncan website and listening to the soundclips before asking a daft question here?

However, if you're "not going to notice some tiny detail that someone else would pick up" yourself then there's absolutely no point in changing pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by wigzwamz
what is the difference between a pearly gates humbucker and a invader humbucker sound wise