Right, i recently bought an OD-3 but returned it due to its lack of '(title)'.
However, i think that may have something to do with the fact that i use the Boss ML2 as a gain channel. So, my question is:

What pedal can tighten the sound of my amp when the pedal is engaged?

Thanks in advance
i have a modest rig which consists of guitar related stuff
Member of the Laney Cult
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

my band : Fragments.
Hang on...

You used the OD-3 to boost/overdrive your ML2?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Well, the OD-3 is good to get a warm, smooth distortion, with a tone like the Orange amps.
I wouldn't use it to tighten my distortion...
Even cranked, the OD-3 doesn't get anywhere near Metal.

To tighten my distortion, i use my amp's equalizer...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
when i think of the word tighten i think of compressors, maybe thats what you need
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Chrisiphone
Hang on...

You used the OD-3 to boost/overdrive your ML2?

yes... i realised that it wouldnt work AFTER i tried it. hence the reason i returned it.

Actually, what i really shouldve titled this is to be "Which pedal can i use to use as a solo boost?"

any recommendations??
Member of the Laney Cult

ts-9/8/10 through your amp's od/dist channel. please dont use your metalcore pedal...ever...
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by sg622
ts-9/8/10 through your amp's od/dist channel. please dont use your metalcore pedal...ever...

no... i dont think you get it... im just looking for a pedal for boosting my signal for soloing!!! cos the laney doesnt have a distortion channel. it does, but its crap for heavy metal... but still very nice for blues

Also, i like the sound of the metalcore pedal, it works for me as a distortion channel
Member of the Laney Cult

if you're just looking for a solo boost look into an eq pedal.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by kai2demax
no... i dont think you get it... im just looking for a pedal for boosting my signal for soloing!!! cos the laney doesnt have a distortion channel. it does, but its crap for heavy metal... but still very nice for blues

Also, i like the sound of the metalcore pedal, it works for me as a distortion channel

well you have the wrong amp, my friend.

if you really need a pedal for metal and cant change amps, get a metal muff or mod your metalcore. itll sound decent but nowhere close to an amps dist channel.
Quote by sg622
well you have the wrong amp, my friend.

Well i bought the amp mostly for its clean channel... its sooo heavenly and warm

Also, what eq pedal would anyone recommend?
Member of the Laney Cult

yea laney cleans are awesome but if you want a metal tone, you should have gotten a metal amp haha.

without a doubt, the best eq pedal you can buy imo is the mxr 10 band.
Quote by sg622
yea laney cleans are awesome but if you want a metal tone, you should have gotten a metal amp haha.

without a doubt, the best eq pedal you can buy imo is the mxr 10 band.

lol, true... but it was that or a valveking... and i just needed an amp with good clean tone... i didnt really mind if it didnt have the distortion onboard, cos i wouldve just gotten a distortion pedal. yes, its not very responsive, but the tone is there so meh

and i think the 10 band might be a tad bit expensive... though i was looking at the linedriver, any thoughts on that one??
Member of the Laney Cult

Quote by kai2demax
lol, true... but it was that or a valveking... and i just needed an amp with good clean tone... i didnt really mind if it didnt have the distortion onboard, cos i wouldve just gotten a distortion pedal. yes, its not very responsive, but the tone is there so meh

and i think the 10 band might be a tad bit expensive... though i was looking at the linedriver, any thoughts on that one??

never heard of the line drive. i guess you should try both out before you buy.

after a while, pedal dist gets harsh. the cleans are definately better in a laney but id personally prefer an amp with 2 channels. if you want a new dist pedal, ive heard mixed reviews on blackstar pedals. i hear theyre noisy but sound great.
but the best option would be to sell your laney and/or save up for a new more metal amp.

btw the 10band wont give you more gain. itll definately make the overall sound of your amp better its a great pedal
Quote by sg622
never heard of the line drive. i guess you should try both out before you buy.

after a while, pedal dist gets harsh. the cleans are definately better in a laney but id personally prefer an amp with 2 channels. if you want a new dist pedal, ive heard mixed reviews on blackstar pedals. i hear theyre noisy but sound great.
but the best option would be to sell your laney and/or save up for a new more metal amp.

btw the 10band wont give you more gain. itll definately make the overall sound of your amp better its a great pedal

cool cheers 4 the help dude. ill check em out
Member of the Laney Cult

Quote by kai2demax
cool cheers 4 the help dude. ill check em out

for sure dude. anything to help. i got stuck with a amp i didnt want and went through like 300 dist pedals and none of them got what i wanted. its all about amp distortion! haha