I have a quick question, dunno if this is the right forum, but I need a answer quick:
My band and I wanna play Long way to the top and the tab says that I shal use capo in 1st fret, but I worry that this will affect the bass??
Does it matter?
Is it gonna be out of tune?
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
No, but will it affect the bass that I use a capo? Will the bass have to use a capo as well or what?
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
no it won't go out of tune
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Allright Thanks
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
Quote by szekelymihai
you dont use a capo on bass, capos are made to ease playing/adjust to your voice when playing chords
but maybe i didnt understand the question

I know about not using capo's for bass, but I had trouble phrase my problem, and that was my way of asking if you have to do anything to the bass, to make it fit with the guitar if you use capo ... on ... the guitar.. right, you get it?
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
I think he means that if he uses the capo on the guitar will the bass sound out of tune next to the guitar, i dont think so, if the song says to use a capo then thats the way its meant to be played.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Quote by akm_202
I think he means that if he uses the capo on the guitar will the bass sound out of tune next to the guitar, i dont think so, if the song says to use a capo then thats the way its meant to be played.

Exactly!
Thanks, we've tried it now and it worked fine.
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked