...room that is...

i'm looking at the Orange Rocker 30...i can't test one out b/c no one near me carries them...

my question is this...if i plan on playing gig's...someone told me that it doesn't have the clean headroom required to play properly...is this true??
The Orange has terrible cleans to begin with. And the headroom is not high enough unless you're miked. Use a different amp for cleans if you can.
^+1

Its probably got the headroom but not the tone. If you stick an eq, maybe a sonic stomp or treble booster in front then it will sound a lot better but people do not buy this amp for its clean tones. Actually ive also heard that even an amp modeler run into the clean channel can sound alright so i'll have to check that out and get back to you.
well i'd say alone 30 watts wouldnt be enough.. but your always going to be PA'd anyway
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
I actually thought the Rocker's clean tone was quite impressive for an amp aimed at dirt o.O
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
I'm not gonna say anything about the quality of the cleans as I have no clue, but...

I believe I read somewhere that different to most amps, Orange state their wattage on the point it starts to break up instead of the maximum output. So they're actually slightly louder altogether, lending themselves to more headroom.

Edit: Sweet!
Last edited by ChrisN at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by ChrisN
I'm not gonna say anything about the quality of the cleans as I have no clue, but...

I believe I read somewhere that different to most amps, Orange state their wattage on the point it starts to break up instead of the maximum output. So they're actually slightly louder altogether, lending themselves to more headroom.

Someone tell me if that's complete rubbish and I'll delete my post.

This is true, I remember reading someone testing their Tiny Terror and it peaking at about 24w, so yeah its a big jump.
I came into this threads expecting sex jokes...

Oh well.

And yes, the clean channels DO suck.

And Chris is right, Orange amps are rated for ampage at the level where it begins to distort.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by ChrisN

Edit: Sweet!

I'm pretty sure everybody rates them that way. Except Behringer.