OK so this dude at school got a new guitar. Its a pretty sweet guitar. A jackson or an ESP, i cant remember which. And then he stick some new pick-ups in it. The Zakk Wylde EMG set which cost $500 AUD. I casually mentioned hat the Zakk wylde set was $300 for the pickups, $200 for the picture of Zakk Wylde on the box. He laughed and called me a noob. He has a more expensive guitar so he knows everything, Duh...

Then he said he wants to stick Dimebuckers in it. Ya know, 'Cuz its Dimebag. I tried to tell him Dime rarely used dimebuckers and that he just replaced the pickups. Once again he laughed and called me a noob.

Now heres his plan about his new am he plans on buying.

He will save up and buy a Marshall hybrid amp, start saving again, sell the Hybrid amp and buy a new JCM 2000. I couldn't really understand why the hell he was going to buy a new amp only to replace it with a better one. I mentioned that there's a used JCM 800 down at this nearby pawn shop. He says "I dont buy used, I'm not a poor faggot like you."

So... Should i just leave him to waste a few hundred/thousand dollars or should i forget about it?
Last edited by Final !mpact at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by blue_strat
Introduce him to UG.

lol, and yeah, let him be
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Prove it to him that a better gear doesn't make a better guitarist. Shred the **** out of him!!!
Tell him he's an idiot and a poser for buying 'signature' gear.
Then hit him with your walking stick and say 'They don't make them like they used to'

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
yeah, sounds like a dick. leave him be. who knows, he may end up selling his gear cheap to you!

what an idiot.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by nightraven
leave him be, if he hadn't been rude to you then it would've been good karma helping him out. but just let him get his **** gear and destroy him with your better gear

Quote by blue_strat
Introduce him to UG.

+1.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Let that prick continue wasting his money. You should buy that JCM 800 and seriously start practising. JCM 2000's aren't great anyway. Just get practising and sooner or later you'll be better than him, then who's the noob?
yeap. let ur playing do the talking. even if lets say u really cannot afford good gear like he does, he can have all the best gear in the world but if u can play better than him, he obviously will have to eat his words.
Let him burn.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Let that prick continue wasting his money. You should buy that JCM 800 and seriously start practising. JCM 2000's aren't great anyway. Just get practising and sooner or later you'll be better than him, then who's the noob?

Heh, I am already better than him. He just has the expensive guitar with expensive pickups (and a 15 watt line 6 spider... He doesnt like to talk about that much) so obviously he MUST be the better player...
Quote by Final !mpact
Heh, I am already better than him. He just has the expensive guitar with expensive pickups (and a 15 watt line 6 spider... He doesnt like to talk about that much) so obviously he MUST be the better player...

Good good
Turn up with a Hello Kitty Squier and a 15w MG and outplay the f**k out of him and laugh as everyone ridicules him.
Convince him to buy a Marshall MG series, tell him that all the pro's use it. Then go home and quietly laugh yourself to sleep.

EDIT: Wylde himself said that the distortion is awesome.
Last edited by WantzChas at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by WantzChas
Convince him to buy a Marshall MG series, tell him that all the pro's use it. Then go home and quietly laugh yourself to sleep.

EDIT: Wylde himself said that the distortion is awesome.

Omg best idea yet. And convince him to buy a Wangcaster too, tell him it's the coolest guitar ever.

By the way, he doesn't have to know it, but I think he was right about the EMGs. Idk about Australia, but over here the 81 and 85 are $100 each and the ZW set is $200.
Last edited by tigerking615 at Jan 5, 2009,
When you mean school, I hope you mean uni or something... because Australian's are on school holidays right now.

That besides, let your guitar do the talking, as everybody else has said. Who cares what you play with, as long as you play well.
he sounds like a bit of a douche, i'd leave him to it personally. assuming you've been truthful in your account.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
only one way to settle this, challenge him to a game of limp biscuit.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
you should by the jcm800
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Take your gear to his house and shred,sweep and riff the **** outta him with ur cheaper gear. Show him expensive gear doesn't equate to skillful playing. That should sort him!
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Quote by chea_man
you should by the jcm800

+1

Also, this kid sounds like a total prick. Introduce him to UG and let us give him a stern talking to
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
+1

Also, this kid sounds like a total prick. Introduce him to UG and let us give him a stern talking to

i was going to say that too, but i dont want anymore douches here. some people just cant learn lol
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Final !mpact
OK so this dude at school got a new guitar. Its a pretty sweet guitar. A jackson or an ESP, i cant remember which. And then he stick some new pick-ups in it. The Zakk Wylde EMG set which cost $500 AUD. I casually mentioned hat the Zakk wylde set was $300 for the pickups, $200 for the picture of Zakk Wylde on the box. He laughed and called me a noob. He has a more expensive guitar so he knows everything, Duh...

Then he said he wants to stick Dimebuckers in it. Ya know, 'Cuz its Dimebag. I tried to tell him Dime rarely used dimebuckers and that he just replaced the pickups. Once again he laughed and called me a noob.

Now heres his plan about his new am he plans on buying.

He will save up and buy a Marshall hybrid amp, start saving again, sell the Hybrid amp and buy a new JCM 2000. I couldn't really understand why the hell he was going to buy a new amp only to replace it with a better one. I mentioned that there's a used JCM 800 down at this nearby pawn shop. He says "I dont buy used, I'm not a poor faggot like you."

So... Should i just leave him to waste a few hundred/thousand dollars or should i forget about it?

I would have to agree with him about the emg comment...

Heres a break down in US Dollars and why you are wrong..

Seperate charges
Emg 81 $105
Emg 85 $105
Afterburner $47
Pot Set $8
Pot Set $8
Total $273

Zakk Wylde Set
Total $204

81/85 Regular set
Total $200

From my calculations your saving about $70 bucks for a signature set over buying everything seperate and for 4 bucks over the regular set your getting an afterburner and second set of pots.

So where does that $200 picture come in?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I would have to agree with him about the emg comment...

Heres a break down in US Dollars and why you are wrong..

Seperate charges
Emg 81 $105
Emg 85 $105
Afterburner $47
Pot Set $8
Pot Set $8
Total $273

Zakk Wylde Set
Total $204

81/85 Regular set
Total $200

From my calculations your saving about $70 bucks for a signature set over buying everything seperate and for 4 bucks over the regular set your getting an afterburner and second set of pots.

So where does that $200 picture come in?

He is in Australia. He already said that the guy paid $500 Australian for the pickups.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Jan 5, 2009,
Yea...i would have to say turn the other cheek and let him waste the money that he wants to waste. i mean, you did the right thing and tried to warn him against doing something stupid and he ignored you.

for helping him even though he's a jerk
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by monkey_dancer
He is in Australia. He already said that the guy paid $500 Australian for the pickups.

And........

The comparision of cost differences from sperate to signature setup would be the same therefore my main point is what he should be looking at. Example in america an EMG 81 runs $105 vs $240 in AU. So just put everything to there costs and you will still come up with the same result. Its cheaper to buy the Zakk Set then each part seperately so no he is not paying $200 for the picture. I'll even make it easy so you dont have to look it up two pickups by themselves are $480AU now add in the afterburner versus you can get the Zakk set for $479 AU.....
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by Final !mpact

I would go with the first option here, the second one seems too difficult.

sorry man, i knew what you meant - couldn't help it.
And a side note the guy is an idiot...

Dimebuckers are one of the worst pickups I have played and are known bad pickups. And to add insult to injury, Dimebag didnt even get a chance to use them on anything so no he did not use them. He used Bill Lawrence pickups...
At the next battle of the bands bring a bag with you and then pull out a 5 watt practice amp with an 8" speaker... put a good OD pedal in front of it, mic the speaker, then beat him with superior guitar playing and tone.
just leave him be. and then in about 6 months or so ask how much he wants for that gear hes selling to pay for the crack hes addicted to.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
OK After a bit of prodding around i found out that there isn't much price difference between the EMG 81/85 and the ZW pack.

He told me he spent $500 on those Zakk Wylde pickups and i just took his word for it... I'm now thinking hes just telling everyone his stuff is more expensive than it actually is just so he seems cooler or something...

Quote by IbanezPsycho
And........

The comparision of cost differences from sperate to signature setup would be the same therefore my main point is what he should be looking at. Example in america an EMG 81 runs $105 vs $240 in AU. So just put everything to there costs and you will still come up with the same result. Its cheaper to buy the Zakk Set then each part seperately so no he is not paying $200 for the picture. I'll even make it easy so you dont have to look it up two pickups by themselves are $480AU now add in the afterburner versus you can get the Zakk set for $479 AU.....

Actualy, Ormsby sells EMG pickups for $130 a pop.
The zakk set is almost $300, it is around the same price anyway...
Last edited by Final !mpact at Jan 5, 2009,
I'd say beat his face in after calling you a poor faggot.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."