Hi all.

In my first band and I need to upgrade from my old Korg ax1000g multi fx. The sound is definately too synthetic and biggest problem is the pedals are too close even for my average feet.

So what are your thoughts on the options of GT6, GT8, XT Live or individual pedals. I already have a Boss tuner and compression, cry baby wah pedals. Music wise its typically Seether, Velvet revolver, Metallica covers etc. I'm the only guitar so have to switch sounds often.

Love to hear the pros and cons before I blow the hard earned.
Thanks all.
Lee.
You don't really need many effects for those bands so i'd go for individual pedals. If you really want versatility go for the Boss GT-8/10 or Line 6 POD XT/X3.

I own the X3, and compared to the Boss multieffects (or at least the gt-8 that i've tried), it's way easier to use and get a good sound out of.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Do the multi fx sound synthetic compared to individual pedals?
Cort EVL Z6
Fender M80
Hohner Jt 60 Pro
Quote by rivet2020
Do the multi fx sound synthetic compared to individual pedals?

That all depends on the quality of both.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by Highwaytohell
What FX do you need to use? what is your amplifier ?

I'm mainly trying to get different types of overdrive/distortion but sometimes some clean sounds with a bit of compression and delay to try to emulate the various covers our band does. ie: foo fighters to metallica to slash etc.

I've currently got a Fender M80 and a Laney 4x10 bass cab but am looking to change that also to maybe an Ashdown Fallen Angel half stack.

I could just play all the songs with the one dostorted sound but I am trying to keep fairly close to the original sounds. Thats what I like about multi fx, you can pre-programme it all and just select as you play but I hate the digital/synthetic sound of some. Help!
Cort EVL Z6
Fender M80
Hohner Jt 60 Pro
If you're looking for multi-effect units, I'd go with the X3 or GT-8/10. set up each patch for a particular song that your band plays then name that patch that song. Such as, if you play For Whom the Bell Tolls...set the patch to emulate the guitar tones on that song then name the patch For Whom the Bell Tolls. I know the GT6 has 140 user presets, so you can cover at least that many tunes. GT8/10 and X3 have dual processing. If you sing then the X3 can process your vocals and instrument at the same time (you lose the dual instrument proc by doing this). I've tooled around with the X3 a bit, and find it much easier to use than the Boss units, but once you get the GT's dialed in I believe they sound much better.

If you go with a Multi unit then your best bet is to get a good full range amp. you'll notice a marked increase in the sound quality of the onboard amp models.
It's so crazy in here you're gonna wish it wasn't so crazy in here!

1995 PRS CE
Fender 50s Classic Player strat
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6