Hey guys...

I read in a Guitar World interview with Eddie Van Halen about how he stays in tune so well after he does crazy things with his whammy bar.

He said his trick was, as he was changing his strings, that he actually UNWINDS them a bit by twisting the bead a little.

I have yet to try this with my Strat. But I hope that some of you can actually verify this or try it out. Hope you like the tip (:
Get up and free yourself from yourself.
- TOOL -

GEAR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (silverburst)
Ibanez SZ720FM
Alvarez AD60CK
Crate FW65 Combo
Dunlop GCB95 CryBaby Wah
BOSS TU-2
BOSS DD-7
BOSS NS-2

thats very interesting, id like to see if anyone has actually done that. I dont really see how it would help tho
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Once I get home I'll find what page it is on or actually quote what he says. I was like "really now?" when I first read that .
Get up and free yourself from yourself.
- TOOL -

GEAR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (silverburst)
Ibanez SZ720FM
Alvarez AD60CK
Crate FW65 Combo
Dunlop GCB95 CryBaby Wah
BOSS TU-2
BOSS DD-7
BOSS NS-2

actually, he twists the bead once for every time he turns the tuner a full circle. same concept though. I would believe that it works.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
I've know this for a while( not to be a dick). It really does help you stay in tune.

Edit: it helps because it has a tighter grip/wind on the strings. Think of it like this if you don't get it, it's like tightening the bolts on the wheel of your car; if you leave the bolts loose your wheel will fall off. Now apply this to your guitars tuners.
Last edited by -tempest- at Jan 5, 2009,