Okay so I bought a Dean Vendetta XM and I'm courious about something. Do you guys know if there's any way to install a tremolo bar into it? I'm trying to get into the maintance aspect of guitars and I wanted to give this a shot (if it's possible).
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
i think you need to install a different bridge
i'm not sure if you can do it with that particular guitar though
Rockin' shit
Last edited by jimmyhotpants at Jan 5, 2009,
It could probably be done but in the end it would not be cost effective. It would likely be cheaper to just get a guitar with a tremolo bar the next time around.
1 - buy tremolo system
2 - route body of guitar to fit system
3 - replace nut
4 - install trem system

Each step costs money.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jan 5, 2009,
you dont just install a bar. you have to install the entire system. which usually includes a block, a baseplate, and maybe even a new nut(for FRs and Kahlers). it would cost anywhere from ~$30 ,if you install a strat trem and do all the work yourself, to ~$500 if you paid for some1 to install a kahler. just buy a guitar with a trem already in it if you want one.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
If you're dead set about trying this.... it is possible to install a tremolo on pretty much any guitar, but I don't think you know what you would be getting into. You would need to do some serious surgery on the instrument to fit a tremolo into it which is risky if you've never done this before. If you wanted someone else to do it, it wouldn't be worth the cash for the end result.

If you really want a guitar with a tremolo, save up and buy one. I wouldn't waste the money or time on trying to install one into this particular guitar
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Yeah its ALOT of work and money but it can be done. Bascially no matter what your gonna have to route a cavity in the back of the guitar to house your springs and claw. They you have to make sure that your chosen trem is gonna fit, if not more routing for you. If you are talking Floyd Rose then your gonna have to route the front of the guitar as well.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Jan 5, 2009,