I'm looking for a new booster, preferably something that will give a good clean boost for solos. I've heard good things about the Colorsound booster, but I know those are pretty pricey. Also if anyone knows of some good schematics or kits I'm not opposed to building my own. Thanks
the seymore duncan boost pedal is pretty good. but it might be better for overdirve then clean. but they cost about 100.
BBE Boosta Grande is pretty nifty. it adds 20dB of gain to your signal with little to no noise and you can pick up one for $80 new, and for about $50 off ebay
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
if you're not averse to building your own, some of those cleans boosters only have about 6 components... in addition to the links already posted, http://www.schematicheaven.com/effects.htm has some booster circuits (they may have more treble boosters, though), and build your own clone has a tribooster for which you can download the instructions and schematic...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 5, 2009,
^That's an interesting looking pedal, but I've already built a straight up Rangemaster, so I wouldn't really need another in that vein which is why I'm looking for something that just increases the decibels, with maybe just a touch of warmth. I've been looking at a few builds, and I'm between the MXR Micro Amp and the AMZ Mosfet Booster. I hear that mosfet based boosters give a really clean boost, but I wouldn't mind just a touch of warmth. If anyone has any experience with the Micro Amp (an IC based boost circuit), I'm curious as to how much warmth it adds in addition to pure decibel boost.
Last edited by Kentris.5 at Jan 5, 2009,
i haven't tried them yet, but the ehx line booster build is similarly simple to the rangemaster. might be worth a try.

with that tribooster i mentioned, there'd also be nothing to stop you only building the one booster out of the 3 which does what you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'm not sure either, to be honest. i think there was a "clean" booster in that triboost as well, the mosfet one, maybe?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?