Hi everyone , well where to start?
Me and some friends recently started a Band , you know like everyone's first band , doing some Rock covers ect.. and starting to write own songs an perform them and so on ...
So we had our first gigs ( Partys, School things ...) and they were really great, audience was fantastique , always wanting additional songs and partying like hell , and gigs still are great, but sometimes , at some gigs, I wish that I wouldn t be playing today, because the fans are not partying... you know , they're just sitting around and clapping and cheering after the songs and that's it, they're kinda bored you know, this has happened now two times , at gigs where the audience had chairs and was sitting, I think it is because of that...
Did something of this sound familiar to some of you? Any ideas what one could do to solve such things? Any ideas to increase the mood of the audience? We're really trying hard , but sometimes it just won t work
^these are ture^
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Time to move up in the world. Play local venues with decent audiences.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
IT doesn't matter TS, that stuff happens (And even worse), nickelback singer gets rock thrown to his face, Axl gets **** over him by douches.

Enjoy the good times, and let the bad pass by. You can't have a perfect life, and that would probably be boring, cause good stuff is determined by the amount of bad stuff, or else it's regular stuff.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
^he is wise^
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

There are worse crowds than others.

Just gonna throw this out there since noone else has. You can have a bad day too. You might think the playing went alright, but did it? I'm not saying you always play really crappy shows but perhaps there were one or two that were really awful (for whatever reason) and whilst the audience acknowledged your efforts, who would want to party out to a band with bad sound mixing or an out of tune singer etc...

After a gig (maybe not directly after, try a few hours later, in the van going home) to critically analyse your playing. What when wrong? What went really well that you have to make sure to repeat next time. That sort of thing.

Then again, you still may play a great show for a really rubbishy crowd.
Quote by Confusius
There are worse crowds than others.

Just gonna throw this out there since noone else has. You can have a bad day too. You might think the playing went alright, but did it? I'm not saying you always play really crappy shows but perhaps there were one or two that were really awful (for whatever reason) and whilst the audience acknowledged your efforts, who would want to party out to a band with bad sound mixing or an out of tune singer etc...

After a gig (maybe not directly after, try a few hours later, in the van going home) to critically analyse your playing. What when wrong? What went really well that you have to make sure to repeat next time. That sort of thing.

Then again, you still may play a great show for a really rubbishy crowd.

<< yeah I got yah , but I think it isn't about the sound , because I think it was alright , it is more about the performing and things , you know?
your playing party's not venues. well I don't want to seem like I'm speaking for everyone but I generally don't go to party's to see a band, I go to get **** faced or laid. usually the first one.

if you want a more responsive crowd then your going to have to start playing gigs that people are there to see music. but with that said it wont stop people from sitting. for example I remember a few years ago there was a local show in my city and near the end people were sitting on the floor. not because they didn't like the bands playing at the time. In fact the band list was amazing, but because the day the show took place was the day after a big show so people had used up all there energy the day before.

so its really can be so many reasons why a crowd may not be as good as others and doesn't mean you suck. you just have to be able to not let it bug you, shrug it off if you will. only remember the great fun crowds cause really in the end its only about fun.
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.
Ask some few strangers at your shows what they honestly thought. If the playing isn't great, work on that. If the playing is fine, then try focusing on investing on the actual presentation - stage scenery, lighting etc. This is surprisingly important; I, and many other people, find it boring if the room is a standard well lit room and the stage is completely empty except for you and your equipment. On the other hand, if the stage is dark, with a smoke machine and, say, green lighting, it's much more interesting and cool.