seriously wtf is he doing to get that awsome sound? i watched him do it on that video for epiphone guitars but he dosnt really explain it all that well. id like to know how to do it but i think he kinda killed it, he does it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much, i dont think he has a solo that he dosnt do his "auto-flanging" at least once.
guitar's are an extension of your self expresion
He is using his wah and fingers to get that tone and some times a rotovibe.

He does not even have a Flanger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLNTuH5aemY

he does that with his ring....
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
It's not a ring.

He's doing random pull offs with his left hand, while pulling his right-hand pinkie over the strings. He's only touching it lightly. That way, the sounds are random natural harmonics.
He got it from Van Halen. Listen to "Somebody get me a Doctor".
Am I the only one in UG that doesn't really like Zakk Wylde...?

I mean...he's a little over rated... thats just me though
Quote by EyeHatePunks
He is using his wah and fingers to get that tone and some times a rotovibe.

He does not even have a Flanger

i know he dosnt have a flange but the video i saw him do it on called it auto flange
guitar's are an extension of your self expresion
Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d

I thought the majority hated him because he only plays pentatonic scales and does pinch harmonics in every song?

Well, he's one of my favourite guitarists, anyway.
Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d

Nah, not a big fan myself
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
It's either chorus, wah, or rotovibe. He said in a GW he never turns his chorus off b/c it splits his signal.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d

I think he's a douche, a long while back I remember he gave GW an interview about how much it pissed him off that Dave Grohl wanted to a song to one of Ozzy's albums, and how he wanted to punch Tim Palmer for criticizing his playing. Not to mention, the guy is a complete whore, and is a walking advertisement.
Quote by sashki
I thought the majority hated him because he only plays pentatonic scales and does pinch harmonics in every song?

Well, he's one of my favourite guitarists, anyway.

when i started guitar i used to idolize him, him i eventually realized that he wasnt that good to begin with.

he has awesome speed, but i dislike his compository skills. also, he tries to sing like ozzy, which is the biggest mistake anyone cant make (dont get me wrong, sabbath is awesome, by zakk trying to sing like ozzy? instant fail)