So the more metal you listen to, the more underground bands you discover, that 99.9% of the world's population have never discovered and never will. The thing is, many of these bands are very good.

I was just curious, are there underground rock bands? Underground pop? I'm not talking about small garage bands, I'm talking about bands that not many people know about but they have a dedicated following (more than their parents/friends).

I've heard of underground rap before, but assuming that there is an underground for each music genre, I don't ever meet people who listen to them? I know plenty of people who listen to underground rap, and some in RL (and lots on this forum / others) who listen to underground metal, but I've never heard anyone say "oh yeah, I love underground country music." On the other hand, if someone listens to metal you almost assume that they know lots of underground bands...
What a dumbass question..

Of course there is an underground scene for every genre.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
This isn't the underground forum, this is the metal forum.

This thread shall be converted to a penis measuring of what's the most underground band you know.

Anyone here heard of Phantom Pain?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
This isn't the underground forum, this is the metal forum.

This thread shall be converted to a penis measuring of what's the most underground band you know.

Anyone here heard of Phantom Pain?

Oh, I hate these threads, my very limitd kvltness gets crushed instantly. Which leads me to resorting to stupid jokes.

Trivium, they're one hell of an unknown and grim band.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by nebiru
What a dumbass question..

Of course there is an underground scene for every genre.

Well, I'm not going to ask why we don't hear of them, because that's the point of underground. But do you know anyone who listens to pop that isn't and never was mainstream? You just don't think of pop having an underground...
Metal is different than pop.

Metal is about music, Pop is about money.

Metal bands try to stay underground, Pop "artists" try to be mainstream.

Therefore, metal has a bigger underground.
Last edited by The Kreator at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by The Kreator

That makes sense. But by that logic, pop shouldn't have any underground, because you try to be mainstream and either you succeed or you don't...
Quote by tigerking615
Well, I'm not going to ask why we don't hear of them, because that's the point of underground. But do you know anyone who listens to pop that isn't and never was mainstream? You just don't think of pop having an underground...

There are a lot of really eccentric strange pop bands that no one has heard of... take the band "When" for example.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by The Kreator

For every big pop band there is thousands of tiny ones.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.