Right, I have not smoked so far in 2009. so that's coming up to a week smoke-free

however, i don't feel any better. in fact, i feel worse - i'm coughing more than ever, and i keep getting ulcers on my tongue

does anyone know why this is?

also, use this space to wish others luck on quitting smoking etc. - nothing like a bit of encouragement!
Last edited by fender_696 at Jan 5, 2009,
It's probably just you going through withdrawal.

Luckily for me, I only smoke pot on a regular basis and I don't get any withdrawal symptoms if I go days without it. :P

Anyway, good luck with that.
It's just withdrawal symptons, when I quit smoking I had headaches, sore throat and a serious cough. It'll pass, you just have to stick with it.

Just don't do what I did and start smoking again 2 years down the line.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Just push through, the first week is the hardest, try and distract yourself with something other than fags, don't know if gum is all that effective. But try and fill the void.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Yeah, probably withdrawals, try chewing on some nicotine gum I hear that helps out.
Yes. I attempted to quit and failed epicly. You're going through withdraw stages, as long as you stay away from cigarettes it will go away.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

It'll pass and you'll be much healthier for it, by the way is there a word missing from the first line of the OP?
Quote by Archaon

Luckily for me, I only smoke pot on a regular basis

And soon you'll go mental
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
The harder addiction is the psychological one. Be very weary of getting yourself into situations where you normally smoked or smoked a lot. That's what generally triggers relapses.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Withdraws, keep strong though, at least it's not an addiction you can die from having withdrawls.
I had metadone withdrawls, 4 hours in the shower freaking out not knowing what was wrong with me
The coughing could be due to the fact that smoking burns many "filters" in your lungs, and after one quits, the filters grow back... which apparently gives you a cough or something.
ive tried to quit i dont like being smoke free, i mean i LIKE to smoke and its kinda hard to quit something you like. granted i only gave it about 2 weeks but a part from the psychological and physical addiction i dont think most people realize how much of a social crutch smoking is.

but yes the withdrawal symptoms will go away soon. and good luck to you man i know from experience its a bitch
Drink lots of water, like everytime you want a cigarette. It might keep your mind off it for a bit and water flushes out your system, which might get rid of the nicoteine faster.
Quote by aaciseric
It'll pass and you'll be much healthier for it, by the way is there a word missing from the first line of the OP?

fixed. pretty integral to the thread you might say!
You're coughing up all the bad **** in your lungs you inhaled while smoking. I went through the same for a while but I haven't smoked this year yet either. Quitting for good was one of my resolutions.
Last edited by metalderek at Jan 5, 2009,
ulcers... on your tongue??

but yeah, the coughing is your body getting rid of the crap in your lungs. just stick to it!
Why quit? Smoking is just fab.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by freddaahh
Just push through, the first week is the hardest, try and distract yourself with something other than fags, don't know if gum is all that effective. But try and fill the void.

Gum worked for me. But now I chew 2-3 packs a week.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
When I quit...I had the withdrawal symptoms for a couple weeks before I started to improve. I started smoking at 15 and didn't quit until I graduated high school. I'm glad I quit. I will still have a smoke when I'm drinking...but its nowhere near the 2.5 packs a day I was going through before. I don't think I could afford it now

Best of luck to you.