Well last summer i decided to crank up the speed a little, and i can built up quite some now but ive got some problems which are really holding me back.
1. i dont know if this is common but i find it way easier to play fast hanging my pick above the fret board. Im not playing this way anymore cause i see nobody doing it and thought it might be harmfull when i do it all the time
2. I can do super fast triplets and stuff but i noticed im barely using my middle finger which isnt good ( anybody knows lessons or something to break this really bad habbit??)
3. Ive got no idea what things like economy picking are, i just try to move the pick up and down really fast (know what sweeping is but havent really tried it yet) Does anyone have a clear explanation of E-picking?
4. moving up and down the fretboard isnt that hard but still a little trouble with it (but really this isnt that big of a deal since i almost can do it without probs)
5.How to make a good shredding sound?

Really bugging me out these things all help appreciated
Quote by Lobyte
Well last summer i decided to crank up the speed a little, and i can built up quite some now but ive got some problems which are really holding me back.
1. i dont know if this is common but i find it way easier to play fast hanging my pick above the fret board. Im not playing this way anymore cause i see nobody doing it and thought it might be harmfull when i do it all the time
2. I can do super fast triplets and stuff but i noticed im barely using my middle finger which isnt good ( anybody knows lessons or something to break this really bad habbit??)
3. Ive got no idea what things like economy picking are, i just try to move the pick up and down really fast (know what sweeping is but havent really tried it yet) Does anyone have a clear explanation of E-picking?
4. moving up and down the fretboard isnt that hard but still a little trouble with it (but really this isnt that big of a deal since i almost can do it without probs)

1. Play wherever is comfortable. As long as you're not actually hitting the fretboard with your pick, you're okay. But you won't be able to palm mute.
2. Practice
3. Practice Alternate Picking
4. Practice
5. Practice
Quote by tigerking615
1. Play wherever is comfortable. As long as you're not actually hitting the fretboard with your pick, you're okay. But you won't be able to palm mute.
2. Practice
3. Practice Alternate Picking
4. Practice
5. Practice

ye ok thats indeed most sensible :P How long did you take to do it properly?? (ty for the REALLY fast reply btw)
Quote by Lobyte

1)it doesn't matter where you pick, as long as you liek the sound. i use to pick above the fretboard, but moved back a bit to get a better sound on plam mutes

2)practice

3)economy picking is where you play using both a plectrum and fingers on your picking hand, mostly used with chord work though

4)practice

5)thats really in your set-up and practicing your picking accuracy etc.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by bikerboyjosh
1)it doesn't matter where you pick, as long as you liek the sound. i use to pick above the fretboard, but moved back a bit to get a better sound on plam mutes

2)practice

3)economy picking is where you play using both a plectrum and fingers on your picking hand, mostly used with chord work though

4)practice

5)thats really in your set-up and practicing your picking accuracy etc.

Kk picking accuracy might be a good one too since i tend to be a little sloppy some times ^^ ty