Hello everyone!

I have been playing guitar for a year and I am quite good. I feel I am lacking in knowledge of how to set up amps to get a good tone.. I own a Boss ME-50 (since Christmas) and I'm overwhelmed by all the different amp models on it.

Anyways, getting to the point.. What IS fuzz? I listen to alot of Muse, and I would say the Bass intro to Time Is Running Out and Hysteria is fuzz. But how do I get this on my guitar? Can I get this on my guitar, or is it a bass gimmick?

Also, the amps seem to all sound the same on the ME-50, with some even giving odd feedback even when the guitar is turned off.. It's left me with mixed ideas about the pedal. What would you guys reccommend? I play alot of Muse, Radiohead, Rage Against The Machines and White Stripes kind of things.

Just realised this has turned into a bit of a rant.. and I've wrote more than I intended
Cheers anyway!
Fuzz is extreme distortion, used by bass and guitar. There's a big muff sound on the Me-50 but i dunno how good it'll sound being a multi FX. The me-50 btw is a good alround multi FX pedal, but if you want more specific muse or RATM sounds you'll want separate pedals. EHX big muff pi's are good for fuzz...
You get fuzz from a fuzz pedal, it's not something you can EQ into your amp.

As far as the ME50 goes it's not going to sound amazing with the Cube, but it'll sound absolutely atrocious if you try to use it on any of the Cube's distortion models or effects...just use it on the JC clean setting.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull

As far as the ME50 goes it's not going to sound amazing with the Cube, but it'll sound absolutely atrocious if you try to use it on any of the Cube's distortion models or effects...just use it on the JC clean setting.

This is what I have been doing really.. but I still get that hiss even when my guitar's volume is down.
Bellamy uses a Zvex Fuzz Factory for Plug it, I'd say he also uses it for those 2. Fuzz can be easily obtained with pedals for said function, which is an extreme distortion which gives a "fuzzy" like sound like those songs. Kurt Cobain and Hendrix oftenly used fuzzy style distortion in their songs and even though you want to avoid sounding too muddy, these guys made it sound good.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Last edited by RR787 at Jan 5, 2009,