After a great number of threads about new amps, I was finally decided to buy the VK 112.

But then I visited the VK thread here in UG and the way everybody was modding every possible part of the amp let me thinking about it's usability stock.

I play mostly metal (Metallica, Megadeth, Epica, Nightwish).

So, what do think about this? Is there another option better for the styles I play?

Also, I'm buying a new amp due to my need of a gigging amp.

[]
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
I was gonna say congrats and link you too the VK thread ..

It won't get those bands on it's own. After reading all these 'great' threads on amps how did you come to ordering a Valveking? Before or After reading thru the VK thread? Just askin. You've obviously been a UG'r for some time.

Portugal? ummm?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 5, 2009,
What's your budget?

I'd suggest one of those B-52 AT-112s for sale for $360 right now, but you're not in the states.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Why the Valve King? Is it down to budget as it's cheap? I'm afraid I don't immediately recall you're other threads.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Oops, I forgot to say...

In the case I get the VK, I'm also buying a Tube Screamer.

Is this enough to get those bands sound? Also, I'm using those bands as reference points cause this amp will prolly only be used with my band.

As to why the VK, I have about 400/500€. It seems to best option, but I may not be aware of other possibilities.

I ordered the VK after reading a lot of threads on UG (execept the VK thread - i know, it's stupid) and viewing a lot of video reviews. My doubts started after reading the VK thread.

Also, why the reference to Portugal?

[]
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
Quote by Me@UGC
Oops, I forgot to say...

In the case I get the VK, I'm also buying a Tube Screamer.

Is this enough to get those bands sound?

Simply put, no.
RULE BRITANNIA
Saving up is not an option. I need a gigging amp...
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
I've ordered it to the shop where I buy everything guitar related. I can them that I don't want it anymore with no prob.

As I said, I've been seeing videos and it sounds pretty decent...

And well, there's always all the modding... Would a distortion pedal get the work done? Like the Bad Monkey VK owners seem to like so much?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is going to sound pretty dumb... but hey, I gotta get it out of my system

Wouldn't the Vox AD100VTXL do the job? I mean, I need a gigging amp with usable metal tone. I would be fine with a tone similar to my Cube. Thats enough for me.

I'm saying this because way back when I got my Ibanez a tested it on of those (actually i think it was the AD100VT) and I remember I really loved to tone.

[]
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
It is a good amp, but not stock. Get an EQ pedal as soon as you can, and a badmonkey or tubescreamer. You may also want a new speaker. I would recommend a Warehouse Veteran 30 speaker.

90% of the time i play metallica, and i have found this amp to suit me quite well, with the EQ pedal i can get pretty close to there sound.
Valve Kings must be damn expensive in Portugal because I can get one in the UK for only £279 and the GBP is almost on parity with the Euro at the moment. Based on that, I'd suggest these amps:

Laney VC30 - 212 = £380
Marshall DSL401 = £500
Randall RG-50 TC = £489

They're all also valve amps but if you must go hybrid, try to wait for the Peavey Vypyr 60w.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1