Page 1 of 3
3 piece body, one piece neck and fingerboard all cut from one piece of wood.

Unsure of spec but shape wise its gonna be simular to the last one but with a carved top and not as many pointy bits. . . . . . .

Pics-

Last edited by jscustomguitars at Jan 5, 2009,
No, im doing the lefty les paul for someone then thats it comission wise for a while. Im gonna concentrate on getting a few all-rosewood guitars together for shows and to get reviewed in mags later in the year.
Been thinkin about the london guitar show but not sure yet, its mega expensive. Got another baby on the way thats due beginning of June so gonna be even busier than I have been this year. Just gonna see how it goes.

The next one Im doin is basically the same as this but a single cut Les Paul type one with a very simular shape but just one cut-away.
Thicken the top and bottom horns more, like a chunky strat-styled horn, it'll give it more of a 'meaty' look, and with that awesome cutaway near the jack, it'll give it that badass feel as well

DEFTedit: That rosewood is incredible, I didn't notice originally, but it's got some beautiful grain on it!
------

Shwiggity.
Last edited by deftonesordie at Jan 5, 2009,
Thought about making the horns a bit wider but i like em as they are, wanna jeep the weight down as much as possible. Thats why im carving the top too, its gonna be about 28mm at the edge and 42 in the middle.
yey another js build

lookin forwad to seeing how it turns out

what pickups you using?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Woot, JS is back and building!
OFF TOPIC: What happened to Ormsby?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
JS you gotta do a wenge build like me . Full body and neck, however it will put you in a hospital bed with its weight :P
Builds like this make me sad guitars don't have vaginas...

...But it's in such early stages, that makes me feel like a guitarpedo...
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
that's almost the same shape as my build. This is gonna be amazing, though. Damn that rosewood's a beauty
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
dude u make some of best guitars i have ever seen man
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Glad everyone likes the look of it. . . . . . .

Pickup wise its gonna be EMG's or Bare Knuckles, unsure yet.

Headstocks gonna be a variation of the last rosewood one, 3 a side still.

Locking Sperzels, counter sunk T-O-M, string through, set neck, 24.75" scale.

Heres some more pics -

Wow the grain of that wood is so pronounced it looks like plywood. I cant wait to see this finished it should look awesome
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
It'll be interesting how much of the lighter colour comes out once the top is carved. . . . . . .
Might look s**t, might look cool! lol
^^ my moneys on it looking cool
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
dayummmm. that ****'s off the hizzy!

haha looking forward to more pics js.

you know we thrive on them.
------

Shwiggity.
you got some pretty hawt wood there
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
you got some pretty hawt wood there

Yeah, its nice stuff. MEGA resonant. I was lucky enough to pick up enough for about 6 guitars
This is going to be awesome!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Is there a reason you lined up the grain the way you did? Or was that just how it ended up?
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
Is there a reason you lined up the grain the way you did? Or was that just how it ended up?

Its all cut from one 7ft length and thats was the best way visually I could get it with missing all the knots and splits. Think for the next one I'll cut all the rosewood I've got up and mix and match em to get the most pleasing grain in em all.
Quote by Pikka Bird
^I think some sort of tree made it line up that way... That's what they do.

Using those 3 planks of wood, there were 20 different ways they could have been glued together to make this guitar.

Quote by jscustomguitars
Its all cut from one 7ft length and thats was the best way visually I could get it with missing all the knots and splits. Think for the next one I'll cut all the rosewood I've got up and mix and match em to get the most pleasing grain in em all.

That makes sense. I was looking at this one and wondering why you didn't hide the seems better but if the plank has checking then their isn't much you can do.

Cheers
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Jan 7, 2009,
Got quite a bit done on this in the past couple a days. . . .

Decided on a carved top, its only rough at the minute, took a lot off the cutaways so its nore like a PRS neck joint. Its comin on.

That looks incredible. That fretboard is honestly the best I've seen.
Have you decided on pickups yet? (Please say BKP's)
wowsers.

Looks fantastic, almost like a cross between an Ibanez S, Iceman, and an ESP F-series!
------

Shwiggity.
Very sexy! Loving the carve, not really digging the difference in body grain though, a one peice or bookmatched 2 peice would have been sweet.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Very sexy! Loving the carve, not really digging the difference in body grain though, a one peice or bookmatched 2 peice would have been sweet.

Yeah, would have been nice with a one or two piece body but its REALLy hard to find rosewood that width especially without shakes and knots. The more I look at it the more I like the difference in grain though.
Page 1 of 3