Page 1 of 3
I love and respect my parents, but they have made so many careless decisions in their lives that have kept us poor and have led to their divorce and many other problems. I never want to become like them, they have shown me how NOT to live my life.

and you? are your 'rents awesome?
Nothing to admire there.

edot: well now that I think about it, I kinda admire my dad. He was born in the finnish forest, living in a small cabin with his mom and 8 siblings. His dad died when he was 13. They were pisspoor. But he managed to get a good education and a good job.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Last edited by Finnepinne at Jan 5, 2009,
My parents rock, they've had to make so many tough decisions about my sister and put up with so much from me that they have my respect forever. Plus my dad gave me my first guitar (he took it back when I got my own, but it's the thought that counts).
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
No. They're both bastards.
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

They're alright, as long as they keep a roof above my head. There's always times when I just wish something was different about them, but then I realize that's who they are and I won't live there in another 3 years.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
well they have shown me what i dont want to be when im older so spose i could admire them for that, but mostly i think they have made appalling decisions in life
Quote by DirtyMakik
Pointless threads like those make me cry my bloody cum out.
I love my parents they can be annoying when they are being illogical but parents are always bound to annoy you at one point.
Yes. I really respect my parents. They have worked hard, made sacrifices, and have always put their children first. If you do not admire your parents now, you will in the future. Each year I spend less and less time with my parents, but each year I want to spend more and more time with them.
Hell no

I think they've lived their lives in such a boring way. They met each other when they were 15/16 and have been together since, but they don't really seem happy. They're backwards in most things. I told my mother that she could probably walk out of a store with the envelopes that come with hallmark cards without paying for it, and she goes "Alex! People go to jail for stealing!" and she was so serious. Like...omg. Retardedly conservative. Extremely boring people. I want to live life, not trudge through it.
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Jan 5, 2009,
My mum can be a bit of a dick.. a bit ignorant, but shes fair most of the time
My dads pretty cool, he has a lot of knowledge so i respect that, but he is so whipped by my mum lol
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
I honestly think my parents are awesome and my friends think so too. I could listen to music and they'll sing along with me...not to mention my dad got me a Mustang..
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
My parents are both awesome, and it's thanks to my dad that we live the life we do, but the person in my family that I truly ADMIRE is my grandfather, just for being the person he is.
I don't have anything against my parents. They aren't motivated/driven by money or the desire for it which is something I really respect. Granted, they do things that irritate me, but that's the parents for you.
I appreciate all of the things they've done for me. They've really supported me when it comes to music. But I don't want to be anything like them. My dad likes to spy on me such as reading my emails, following me to the movies, the mall, reading my texts, watching me on facebook, myspace, etc. I know he's just trying to help but he is going about it the wrong way imo. He is also trying to make me a mirror image of him. He thinks that i should think, talk, act, exactly how he does. He is always stressing me about school and my future. It's like hes trying to force feed me my entire life in one big bite. I do love them, but I will make sure that i never treat my kid the way that they treated me.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by Finnepinne
Nothing to admire there.

edot: well now that I think about it, I kinda admire my dad. He was born in the forest, living in a small cabin with his mom and 8 siblings. His dad died when he was 13. They were pisspoor. But he managed to get a good education and a good job.

Is your dad Abraham Lincoln?
Quote by sglover34479
Is your dad Abraham Lincoln?

No?
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
i do, my parents have always been really good to me and helped me out when ive needed it. theyve done well in life too.
I like that they're both intelligent and both instilled in me a sense of the value of education for education's sake. My dad worked incredibly hard while I was growing up to make money, something I appreciate retrospectively.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I idolize my dad. He is the most intelligent guy on earth. Just ask him any politics, economy, science, religion question and he'll answer correcty. I want to be like him when I'm older.

I like my mum , the only bad thing about her is that she works TOO much.
My father brought his first house at age 21, got married during that time to my mother, who was then 20. My mother had kids 2 years later. During that time, my parents emmigrated to London, UK, had very little money but borrowed just under a Million pounds from the bank with a view to set up a Chinese restaurant. For the next 30 years, they made in excess of £250,000 a year, taking 4 days a year off. Their kids, me included, have a strong sense of confidence about our education and work our asses off everyday.
In short - yes. My parents have achieved so much that I only imagine I have an ounce of their strength. They took a huge risk of borrowing just under a million pounds but it all worked out. My parents own 5 different properties, freehold (2 flats and 2 houses in London, a multi-complex restaurant with accomodation upstairs and 1 flat in Hong Kong). I am currently in the process of selling my parents' restaurant which is currently valued at £1.6 Million.

I can't say I know many people who have achieved what my parents have done. To sum off, I'm doing my very best to follow in their footsteps.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Jan 5, 2009,
Well my mom works most of the time so I don't really know her and my dad is...not admirable. And they're both potheads and that has made us poor to the point were we don't have the money for food or a day before she gets her paycheck. And they use so much money on weed that we now live in a single wide trailer where I have to share a very small room with my brother, Also her stupid work has put half the country between all my friends and family.
@Harmonius: that's like the legend of landing in New York and becoming a millionaire... hot stuff

My parents are divorced but cool people. My mom is an English Teacher and she's ok with the job and she's always been nice and understanding with me and she supports my guitar playing 100%.
My dad lives on another continent and works for the IMF and because of the economy crisis he's working his ass off.
I'd kinda like to be a mix of the two.
Quote by Harmonius
My father brought his first house at age 21, got married during that time to my mother, who was then 20. My mother had kids 2 years later. During that time, my parents emmigrated to London, UK, had very little money but borrowed just under a Million pounds from the bank with a view to set up a Chinese restaurant. For the next 30 years, they made in excess of £250,000 a year, taking 4 days a year off. Their kids, me included, have a strong sense of confidence about our education and work our asses off everyday.
In short - yes. My parents have achieved so much that I only imagine I have an ounce of their strength. They took a huge risk of borrowing just under a million pounds but it all worked out. My parents own 5 different properties, freehold (2 flats and 2 houses in London, a multi-complex restaurant with accomodation upstairs and 1 flat in Hong Kong). I am currently in the process of selling my parents' restaurant which is currently valued at £1.6 Million.

I can't say I know many people who have achieved what my parents have done. To sum off, I'm doing my very best to follow in their footsteps.

this is awesome.

my mom married a German dude and has been living in germany for 11 years and refuses to learn the language, and after having divorced my stepdad (the german dude) she has started her own restaurant without any knowledge of business, and in a poor location, and is currently trying to get her boyfriend to get a job as a real estate agent so that she can marry him and get money.

EDIT: and every time I try to help her or critisize her desicions (because I want to help her), I'm a stupid ungrateful brat...
-.-
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by CoreysMonster
this is awesome.

my mom married a German dude and has been living in germany for 11 years and refuses to learn the language, and after having divorced my stepdad (the german dude) she has started her own restaurant without any knowledge of business, and in a poor location, and is currently trying to get her boyfriend to get a job as a real estate agent so that she can marry him and get money.

-.-

I'm really gonna have to say this: "Not another immigrant in Germany/Austria who can't speak German!"
Seriously, learn my Deutsch and I'll be happy.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I'm really gonna have to say this: "Not another immigrant in Germany/Austria who can't speak German!"
Seriously, learn my Deutsch and I'll be happy.

I've been telling her to learn the ****ing language for the past 10 years, but she always makes the "I've been to busy raising the kids" excuse.
which is BS, since she's been working all day long as an english teacher for the past 4 years, and thus has never had the NEED to learn german.
but of course, when she pissed her bitch boss off (I worked at the company for a while, she was a complete asshole who lost tons of money for the company), it was everyone elses fault that she couldn'T find another job, because us kids (bilingual) never "taught her German"... seriosly, if you move to a foreign country, learn the ****ing language as soon as possible. I'm moving to spain in 2 years and am studying every night to prepare myself for the country.
My mom lived in the fantasy world of "oh i have a husband, I will never have to work!" for much too long.. and that is why i do not admire my mother.
and dont get me started on my stepfather (never knew my real dad)
he was even worse!
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jan 5, 2009,
only when he's offering money...
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
my dad was never around so there's nothing to admire there. i have huge respect for my mom though. she's had to raise me and three brothers, while working two jobs at once. she has always supported our hobbies and helped us out whenever we needed it. plus she got my first guitar. it was a crappy thing that cost $3 from a garage sale, but i was so grateful xD
meh.

my dad is a FUNDIE and works hard enough as an auditor in the city council.
i think me makes about 30K a year. Sadly i would top myself before becoming anything like him. Still love him, even though eh can be anignorant prick every week. Hes teh reason i want to move out .
my mum is intelligent as but skipped university and became the head librarian in belfast city library for years until she needed to take care of me and my sis, so she got 2 part time library jobs. I respect that and she lets me do what i want now im 18.

Decent people nothing special
i love em, and i hate em. my life has been easy.
whatever genetics i inherited, im laid back calm and can handle most situtations, im never depressed always optimistic...material values aside..what more could i have wanted!?!?
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Meh I guess. Not admire. I'm thankful to have them. But they are pretty boring tbh. They don't really take an interest in what I do. But they can be fun parents when the moment strikes lol.
Quote by Jay Sanderson
Meh I guess. Not admire. I'm thankful to have them. But they are pretty boring tbh. They don't really take an interest in what I do. But they can be fun parents when the moment strikes lol.

you'll learn to appreciate them in 3 or 4 years' time, believe me. you never realize how important family is until you move out of your parents' house. fact of life, unfortunately.
I appreciate them, since they born and raised me and I hate little whiners who go 'wahhhh I have to clean up for my mummy and go to the shop for her!'. It's a little errand compared to the pains of child birth and nappy-changing and all that ****.
I love, admire, and respect my parents. Not in the sense that I want to emulate the lives they've crafted for themselves, but in the sense that I'm impressed by them and proud they're my parents.
My dad's currently working on starting his own law practice (just passed the BAR exam) and is making almost no money, as all the cases he's been taking are pro-bono abuse cases. He's hoping to get into animal law though. He used to be a private investigator, which is pretty cool.
My mom taught me so much about compassion, responsibility, and education. She's found ways to work while staying at home to be with me growing up, which looking back, means a lot.

I consider myself really lucky to have the relationship I do with my parents.
DOWN&OUT
no.

mine are selfish and materialistic.. after the divorce it was all about them instead of the 4 kids.

tsk tsk. some people are just bad parents. and i got two
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
my dad is ****ing BATMAN who wouldnt respect him as a father

but yeah i respect my parents for the most part... sometimes my mom gets really pissed off at me or my brother because we disagree with her on some issues but it could be much much worse...... i guess i dont admire her, since she told me im going to hell, but oh well
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Last edited by keithmoon15 at Jan 5, 2009,
Page 1 of 3