I just recently bought a Xiphos used - and it just buzzes when I plug it in. I was going to open the cap behind the jack but it won't budge. I unscrewed it but can't for the love of god figure out how to open it :/
what do you mean cap? it might sound like a stupid question, but you didn't just unscrew the nut that holds the jack in place, did you? cause that won't work. If it's the cover for the electronics that won't come off, then I'd suggest taking a nife, or flathead screwdriver and pry it off.
Quote by david_highland
what do you mean cap? it might sound like a stupid question, but you didn't just unscrew the nut that holds the jack in place, did you? cause that won't work. If it's the cover for the electronics that won't come off, then I'd suggest taking a nife, or flathead screwdriver and pry it off.

No not the nut lol. It was the cover... lack of words, grr :p

It's slightly recessed (not a whole lot) in the body so if I were to use a knife I'll probably scratch the paint

Anyways, I'll try the knife and report back
Quote by gonX
The knife worked Thanks a bunch man.

new it... I've had that happen to me a few times, as long as you aren't gouging at the guitar you shouldn't hurt the finish. As long as I've been taking guitars apart and putting them back together I've learned they aren't as fragile as some people make them out to be, if a guitar's giving you any trouble you just gotta be like " I've had it with your **** guitar, if you keep acting up I'll take a ****ing soldering iron to your insides!!!!" Unfortunately for the guitar, sometimes I feel the need to bust out the soldering iron...