Im looking into getting this. This is not a noise gate correct? It just cleans up the signal?

Would it clean up the signal enough to get rid of the noise gate I'm currently using?
Guitars
Jackson Rhoads EX
Jackson RR3

Amp
ENGL E530 preamp
Peavey Classic 120 power amp
Randall Cab
It's not a noise gate in the traditional sense of the term, but it serves the same ultimate function. There's a great write up on the ISP website that goes into a good amount of detail explaining how it works. I'd suggest you start there.

And yes, it'll serve as a replacement for a traditional noise gate.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I use mine like you would use a noise gate...it works very well to clean up your sound. There are a ton of demo videos out there.
Quote by Kendall
It's not a noise gate in the traditional sense of the term, but it serves the same ultimate function. There's a great write up on the ISP website that goes into a good amount of detail explaining how it works. I'd suggest you start there.

And yes, it'll serve as a replacement for a traditional noise gate.

Judging by your rig, I'd say you're quite the Muse fanatic
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll check into it.
Guitars
Jackson Rhoads EX
Jackson RR3

Amp
ENGL E530 preamp
Peavey Classic 120 power amp
Randall Cab
I have the original Decimator (not the G-string)...and I picked mine up used off craigslist for $50 and I love it...does everything I expect it to.
Yes, I would call this a noise gate. The one I have only has a threshhold knob on it. I can usually set the knob to between 11-12 o'clock on hi-gain settings. This eliminates all the noise when I stop playing, it's just dead quiet. On clean settings you can probably go 9 o'clock to eliminate all hum/noise (if there is any). I typically don't use it on the clean channel. I like this pedal a lot and use it quite a bit. It's very simple and easy to use.

I'm not sure if you use your Effects Loop or not on your amp, but if you do you may want to consider the ISP Decimator G String Pedal. You can run it on your main signal, plus it has extra in/out so you can place it in your effects loop. Kinda like two pedals in one. I have the standard one.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Judging by your rig, I'd say you're quite the Muse fanatic

Not trying to go completely off topic, but yes I took a lot of influence from Matt Bellamy's rigs and playing style over the years.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM