So i play the guitar with my Index, Middle and Ring finger now, and im trying to trow my pinky into the action as well.
And im having serious trouble with ''seperating'' the movements of my fingers, example: when i have my pinky on the fretboard and i want it off the fretboard, my ring finger ''wants'' to do the same thing, and the same thing the other way around.
Also having trouble when i do a little excersise(or something like that) with 3 frets.
Middle finger on the first, Ring finger 2nd, Pinky 3d, now i try to do this: -1-3-2-3-1-3-2-3-1-3-2-3 and so on.
My question, will this go away when i keep practicing or is this like, terminal? xD
you'll learn how to use your fingers better the more you practice.

i could barely use my middle finger when i started playing due to a injury i had, it was barely usable. i just did scales after scales after scales and different exercises. now its like i never hurt it to begin with.

besides the fact it hurts whenever it rains, cant get away from that.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
dont worry it will go away, but you need to practise everyday, and dedicate at least 20mins just to practising little finger exercises.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
yup had the same prob fixd it by practicing scales with parts that need your pinky. take it slow at first just take it slow at first because if you try to go fast youll just screw up
My pinky is weak too, but it's gotten a lot stronger and more independent over the past month or so. Just keep at it.
Just practise. There isn't going to be any advice here other than that. I don't use it enough either, and so I play slowly through the pentatonic scale, and you my pinky for the 5-8 stretch on the b and e.
I have a problem like that somewhat, except I suffer from not using my pinky at all, and just using my other 3 fingers. I find the best way to get other fingers stronger and more active is finger pushups. That will help somewhat
It's the definition of coordination. You had to learn how to walk at one point in your life. Once upon a time you took five minutes to compose a short email because the keyboard was a complicated and unwieldy tool. If you decided to learn juggling tomorrow, you wouldn't get it on the first try or the second. Playing an instrument like this is a new skill that requires using your fingers in a fresh way, your brain needs to adapt. Before you know it you won't have to think about it, so don't sweat it in the meantime.
im pretty sure EVERYone goes through this, you just gotta do scales over and over again preferably the chromatic scale so that you can use all four of your fingers
it will be hard at first and you will feel stupid but after a week or two of doing it you wont even remember not being able to use your pinky.
Of coarse it will go away if you practice. It is important that you are practicing the right way though. If you practice and ignore the problem (ie. not use your pinky or something stupid lol) it's going to take significantly longer for it to 'go away' then if you focus on it. Usually with stuff like this most people can do it slowly, but when they speed up thats where the problems start. So maybe try it at a slower pace and see if it works... then go from there.
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I am problem with my fingers also.
I don't have a problem with my pinkie but I can't seem to get them to lift and come down on new chord all at same time. No matter how much effort I put into I can't get my fingers in position until the first finger is down. Is this normal? Should I stop trying to get faster chord changing until I can do this or will it come later as I get faster?
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I am problem with my fingers also. I don't have a problem with my pinkie but I can't seem to get them to lift and come down on new chord all at same time. No matter how much effort I put into I can't get my fingers in position until the first finger is down. Is this normal? Should I stop trying to get faster chord changing until I can do this or will it come later as I get faster?
one word, Practice.
Try this exersize:
E|-----------------------------1-------2-----3---4-|
B|---------------------1---------2-------3-----4---|
G|-------------1---------2---------3-------4-------|
D|-------1-------2---------3---------4-------------|
A|---1-----2-------3---------4---------------------|
E|-1---2-----3-------4-----------------------------|

Do on all postions upto 16. When u finish each riff with the pinky, reverse the riff. Worked for me-it even improved my typing speed.