fellow bass player asked me today whether he could hook up a subwoofer (from a pa system) that he inherited to his combo amp. i answered that i wasn't sure but probably no.

bass forum what is the answer?

thanks,

EDIT: there is a jack for an extension cabinet on the back of his amp, it was some sort of ashdown i think.
Last edited by 4 strings at Jan 5, 2009,
Seeing how you would mic a bass amp and alot of it would come out of the woofer, as long as everything matches up Ohms and wattage wise, logically I woulden't see why not.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
It should be fine as long as ohms and wattage work.

I dont think Ashdown do PA systems
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
no the woofer wasnt ashdown, the combo was. i have no idea about the woofer brand.

thank you for the help
Quote by 4 strings
no the woofer wasnt ashdown, the combo was. i have no idea about the woofer brand.

thank you for the help

Oh ok,

Most ashdown combos run 4ohms but only have one 8 ohms driver.

As long as the woofer is rated 8ohms it would be ok. (Assuming it has the same/higher wattage)
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115