Im not talking about dullness and brightness but actual tone ie. highs mids and lows.
The strings on my bass are beyond dead (boiled cleaned etc) due to roughly 4 hours practise every day for 6 months so its time to replace them. Which strings are best for metal (drop tuning, cutting mids and boosting bass and treble and playing with a pick sometimes.)
Quote by enzoslashslash
Try D'addario, they're cheap and great for metal

not where i come from, but try ernie ball those strings can put up a lot of pounding plus they sound great
Quote by irotinmyskin
not where i come from, but try ernie ball those strings can put up a lot of pounding plus they sound great

Go dead in about a week though
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Go dead in about a week though

yes. Dont get EBs

Try Stadium Elites and Roto 66
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
yes. Dont get EBs

Try Stadium Elites and Roto 66

this.

and all your tone comes from the strings- I currently have an unstrung guitar, no matter how hard I strum it, it never has any good tones. in my experiences, the lack of strings has everything to do with this.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
and all your tone comes from the strings- I currently have an unstrung guitar, no matter how hard I strum it, it never has any good tones. in my experiences, the lack of strings has everything to do with this.

oh you...
Quote by Spaz91
oh you...

seriously, not too much between brands, it's all rounded metal wire things. the big boost is them new strings, because they don't have your icky cooties and oils mudding them up.

flats of course, come precootied.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Just put a fresh set of Stadium Elites on today, prefer them muchly over Rotos. I'll have to see how they age, though.
Quote by Spaz91
Im not talking about dullness and brightness but actual tone ie. highs mids and lows.
The strings on my bass are beyond dead (boiled cleaned etc) due to roughly 4 hours practise every day for 6 months so its time to replace them. Which strings are best for metal (drop tuning, cutting mids and boosting bass and treble and playing with a pick sometimes.)

AAAAGH!
Quote by the humanity
this.

I lol'd.

I'm still looking for my favorite strings. It's hard to get the new string feel all year.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
EB's sound good but die pretty fast. GHS Boomers die VERY fast.

Roto Swing 66's sound amazing fresh, and when they die, they're still good. Go with them.
"Tone is all in the fingers."

strings and all that other stuff matters.
Just not as much as your touch and how you approach the intrument.

Love the Low end