Hey there, I'm somewhat new to playing guitar and I was wondering what distortion pedal I buy. My band is indie rock, similiar to the Arctic Monkeys, Milburn, The Strokes, and other bands like that. So what would be a good distortion pedal for my style?
Boss DS-1 for about $40 bucks if you're on a budget or a Big Muff Pi if you want to spend more (about $90). I agree with tlt31 too, MXR are pretty good. If you're going for indie than just don't get anything that's made for metal because it'll probably be too much distortion. Indie tends to have a smoother/creamy sound.
I was actually even thinking of getting Pro Co Turbo Rat pedal, because it says on the site it's mde specifically for indie rock and post punk.
Quote by Mr.Don'tShootMe
Boss DS-1 for about $40 bucks if you're on a budget or a Big Muff Pi if you want to spend more (about $90). I agree with tlt31 too, MXR are pretty good. If you're going for indie than just don't get anything that's made for metal because it'll probably be too much distortion. Indie tends to have a smoother/creamy sound.

You can actually get the EHX Little Big Muff for about ten dollars less, and that's a great indie rock pedal. But I'd go with the Turbo Rat. It's a lot better than the regular Rat 2
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!
You can't go wrong with a Big Muff
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Big Muffs completely take over your tone though. I'd want something more transparent.
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!