Poll Options
View poll results: chea_man vs. Bling_Dogg
chea_man
17 94%
Bling_Dogg
1 6%
Voters: 18.
Chea_man's song is Blues Jam.

I really enjoyed it. It was short but didn't come to the abrupt end that most short pieces do, which was great. A very good production. Showcased your skills without going over the top and boring everyone!

Find it here:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/chea_man/

Bling_Dogg - Overall you had some good licks, however you went off key a bit. I really liked how it wasn't standard blues licks, added some interest, for me. Enjoyed your tone, also. You could do with working on your phrasing, and not playing all the time - what you leave out is just as important as what you put in. A good production, although the lead was a bit too high in the mix.

Listen to it here:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7172706

Thanks for being sharpish with your entries guys.

Constructive criticism is welcomed, as ever. If you got something to say, say it.
Feel free to chat amongst yourselves to bump the thread.

Get voting, everybody!

Gus
Last edited by ze monsta at Jan 5, 2009,
I liked cheaman's better, although they were both pretty good. I have to agree with ze monsta on your phrasing bling dogg, I thought there was a need for some more variation, but it might be due to the length of the clip.

Chea man, I really liked your tone, I thought the lead was a little too soft, although it might be the bass-heavy speakers I'm listening through.

Both better than anything I could do, and thanks for sharing
I voted for Chea Man. I loved the tone. Hollow body?
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by slidething31
I voted for Chea Man. I loved the tone. Hollow body?

if i make it to the next heat, (fingers crosssed, i really enjoyed blind doggs entry) i might do something with my hollowbody, but for this one i plugged my strat straight into my computer beleive it or not. i used Logic 8 and ran it through some kind of amp sim, speaker sim, and mic sim. it came put much better than i expected.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Nice piece, chea_man. I liked it, it has a cool classic blues sound and playing to it. The way it's going I expect you'll get the win, you deserve it.

Mine was recorded after a rough time with guitar-playing for the last month or so, I guess I should've waited until I got back to my old self again. No excuses though lol.

thanks everyone.
chea man gets my vote, good stuff!

Oh and as a side note, it's so weird to see the blues duels up and me not posting the threads and stuff I remember when I was in charge of all this.
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
I proudly admit to being the one and only voter for Bling Dogg. I liked his piece so much I listened several times over just for enjoyment before voting.
My soundclick page got messed up, my recording's now here on my UG profile.
Man, it wasn't my best but I didn't expect it do do this badly lol.

Quote by Ancient Jello
I proudly admit to being the one and only voter for Bling Dogg. I liked his piece so much I listened several times over just for enjoyment before voting.

Thanks for the vote, I appreciate it. One vote's better than none, at least I got one person who liked it. Thanks
Last edited by Bling Dogg at Jan 7, 2009,
Better that than being undecided. It wasn't bad, but chea_man is obviously well good. He does have a record deal after all. Anyway, I don't vote in these and I would have voted for you just because you set me up with some life changing albums!
Blind Dogg, it's not that your track is bad. It's just that Chea_man is very good. Someone has to win, and someone has to lose. I think that also my track in the 1st duels lost with a huge margin.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||