So, me and my friends are finally gonna put a band together. We've decided to go for Pop-Goth (HIM, Kill Hannah and The Rasmus) sound as this is what we think is a good direction to go, and our favourite band is HIM ... anyway, I was thinking if you guys thought this would be a good idea?

There are four of us so far;

Me-Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals
Jack-Bass Guitar
Joe-Rhythm Guitar
Tom-Drums

We are just looking for a vocalist and a keyboard/synth player at the moment.

We plan to do Kill Hannah and HIM covers till we get all six members, but maybe have a few writing sessions every now and then ...

So UG... thoughts?
The vocalist and synth player are the most important in Goth bands. If you don't have those yet, you might have a tough time.
A: Vocalist
B: instead of having a designated "rhythm guitarist" treat the other player as your co-guitarist, trade leads and such.
Quote by AwesomeDrummer
why wouldn't it work?

...?

I meant it in more of an "interesting sound" way than a "fail terribly" way.
Quote by Highwaytohell
A: Vocalist
B: instead of having a designated "rhythm guitarist" treat the other player as your co-guitarist, trade leads and such.

we have discussed and he just wants to do simple backing chords

Quote by Ex Shred
it'd be cool to see more bands like HIM.

Good luck

yeh, they're an awesome band. they have been my favourite band for about 4-5 years now. and thanks

Quote by Avedas
It may work. What's your location like?

well ... filled with chavs, but the people who are into rock music tend to go for pop-punk or metal ... and HIM are kind of in between in certain perspectives. So, hopefully we will be appreciated XD
Quote by BrickIsRed
The vocalist and synth player are the most important in Goth bands. If you don't have those yet, you might have a tough time.

well, we dont want to just be a goth band, we want to expand also but I do know what you mean ... I'm looking through my MSN contacts (between 500-600 people XD) for people who are experianced in vocals and keyboards/synths ... no luck so far