When you go to the shop, (I guess its ugitar center for the americans )what do you play on that bass you've always wanted to try out?
Today I played murder on the dancefloor.

Usually I'll just improvise

EDIT: Come on come over by jaco is good as well
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Last edited by ScottB. at Jan 5, 2009,
Shes only 18 is one of my favourites for testing bass's. And then i just try different techniques with it and make up stuff. Ir slap drum beats the same as the people in the Drum Section.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
you play what you would plan to be playing on the bass if you were to own it.
^^not necessarily helpful.
Quote by the humanity

think pokemon
Pete Wentz sig reaches level 32, it evolves into Mark Hoppus bass.
Mark Hoppus bass uses tone knob!
it's super unneffective!
my favoritwe seems to be the intro to heaven can wait.
roundabout is a favorite too.
All sorts of things, ranging from Metallica to the Beatles. some improvisation.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
The bridge to Orion is a good one, followed by the first half to Pulling Teeth. The Trooper is a good one to do as well - those three songs will basically tell me how the bass feels when I play it.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
I actually only play licks to check the setup of the instrument. I play YYZ to check for neck bow, Ramble On to check for action. I also play my bands' licks to see how the instrument sounds. Plus I like noodling.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
When I play on 5 string basses, I like to do a lot of prog, as it usually is all over the neck, and that way I can see if the thicker neck is still a good size for my hand, even though I know that propper technique will solve that problem... I also like to play the intro to Sweet Child O Mine, and Come Together as well, to test upper fret access.
Quote by Lomu
If you want a good AV get something like Norton 360

Do you agree with that guy? That's why we have the Computer Thread. Use it.
Quote by Nucci009
I usaly just play anything that comes in my head at that moment.

For me, this. But it is usually something from the following list:
I will Survive by Cake
Ain't Know Mountain High Enough
Antipop by Primus (one of the only slap songs I know, sad to say)
John The Fisherman
the first few sections of Anesthesia Pulling teeth (Though I play that more often when trying out new FX)
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
everything. I often will play something that comes into my head, and improvise off of it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom