I found a squier Strat at a pawn shop and wanted to know if anyone who is knowledgable about fender can help me out with a few things. The serial number is IC050520625 and it has the stripe on the back of the neck as well as the better pickguards that are usually on actual fender guitars. I have a squire bullet strat and also noticed that compared to the one i seen at the store the saddles for the strings are different,and the tuners are different(looks like fender tuners). Can anyone provide me with some information on this quitar? I ve been looking for a used MIM Strat but if this is a good guitar i might go with this instead, as it is only $100(im sure i can knock about $10 off though). THe guitar is in pretty good shape.

Thanks for the help
If it's at a pawn shop it's gonna be second hand. The person who had it before probably customised it.
made in indonesia, 2005

The 'IC' indicates it was made in Indonesia at the Cort factory. First 2 digits: the year; next 2: the month; rest of the number: production number.

Most say that the best Squiers were made in Japan in the '80s. However, if you like the way it feels then the one you're looking at would probably be great.

edit: I got a MIM Fender strat for $110. It's flawless...if you look around a bit you can find some great deals.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Last edited by Psalm 150:4 at Jan 5, 2009,
we can't really tell a lot from the serial number - we need pics, or at least a bit more info about what is printed on the headstock, to determine which model it was.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Ok, I don't know about the pickguard, tuners, etc., the guy who posted before me is probably right in that the guitar was modified by the previous owner. However I can definately tell you that the serial number indicates that this particular guitar was made in Indonesia at the Cor-Tek factory (the "IC" at the beginning of the number) in the year 2005.
For what it's worth (haha), $100 for a second-hand Squier isn't such a great deal. I recently bought a $150 MIM Strat made in '94 at a pawn shop, with a DiMarzio DP187 already in the bridge to replace my old Ibanez Jetking III that was complete Scheisse. Squiers are so damn hit-or-miss, I'd say if the neck looks straight and there's no fret buzz at your preferred action height and you absolutely MUST own a Squier, go for it. Otherwise, do yourself a big favor and just go for the MIM straight away; I certainly wish that I had.
the pickguard for the guitar is white and sparkly if that helps out, also the headstock has the small stratocaster print, not the big letters that curve around the headstock
Quote by NJ16W
the pickguard for the guitar is white and sparkly if that helps out, also the headstock has the small stratocaster print, not the big letters that curve around the headstock

So what exactly do you want to know? If it's good or not? Only you can tell that.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.