I think that he's using his amps distortion
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Farether
I think that he's using his amps distortion

yea, according to guitargeek.com, in 1998 he was just using the distortion off of his three Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifiers. Hence, the insanely sick amount of distortion lol
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
guitar geek is really outdated, especially since in 1998 he was still doing Limp Bizkit stuff. With Black Lighth Burns he uses Diezel VH4s in studio in addition to other Diezel amps, but uses Orange live. In the TG vid it could be his Orange, or it could be whatever amp they had it the studio, and since it's TG it's probably a POD since all their tabs have something next to the like "tracks recorded with XXX setting on a Line 6 POD" since the stuff they tab is on the CD. My guess goes for the POD in that vid.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
guitar geek is really outdated, especially since in 1998 he was still doing Limp Bizkit stuff. With Black Lighth Burns he uses Diezel VH4s in studio in addition to other Diezel amps, but uses Orange live. In the TG vid it could be his Orange, or it could be whatever amp they had it the studio, and since it's TG it's probably a POD since all their tabs have something next to the like "tracks recorded with XXX setting on a Line 6 POD" since the stuff they tab is on the CD. My guess goes for the POD in that vid.

wow. that's pretty nifty.

on a side note, it's kinda amazing how many profesional level bands are just using pods now
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
seriously, on a record it's insanely hard to tell what's a POD and what's an amp after mixing and album, or even just a single song. modeling's come a long long way, and the PODs are a great example of it.