Poll: Do you think Obama should have his own day for being the first black president?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you think Obama should have his own day for being the first black president?
Yes
27 11%
No
209 88%
Voters: 237.
Page 1 of 4
Okay, I only saw one obama thread... letme know if there is another one and I'll delete this...

I was talking with my friend at work last night(horrid Job) and he thinks there should be and Obama day... My argument to that was "What about Abraham Lincoln? He ended slavery and he doesn't have his own day... Martin Luther King Jr., I understand that and I have no problem for him having his own day... I think he deserves it.

He said that he was the first black president and I rebutted, "he's the first black president... Whoop dee doo... It was bound to happen sometime and I don't think that should be a reason, it's groundbreaking, yes, but that would be a bull**** reason. Or even Reagan. He ended the cold war and didn't get his own day... He essentially said "**** you russians, tear that wall down Mr. Gorbachev(I think that's how you spell it)"

I can understand if he does some crazy historical ****, but being the first black president, no... I wanna hear your feelings...
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
you wanna hear my feelings ? o.k. here goes ( dont nag because you asked for it)

you voted for him because hes black, you voted for him because he has alot of charisma

but what will you do when he realizes he cant fix **** ?

enjoi
^People voted for him because they liked his policies. Well the people with an IQ above that of a mountain goat anyway.
Quote by burrit0
you're just racist

I hope that was sarcasm
Last edited by Masamune at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by Taygunov
you wanna hear my feelings ? o.k. here goes ( dont nag because you asked for it)

you voted for him because hes black, you voted for him because he has alot of charisma

enjoi
I didn't vote for anybody...
Quote by Taygunov

enjoi

CORRECT

obama supporters = some smart ppl; mostly retarded hipster lemmings
He shouldn't get it while he's still in office. That would just be pure self-indulgence.
Quote by Masamune
I hope that was sarcasm
nah nigga you know how i do

real talk
He didn't do anything yet, except being elected. Hold your horses, gentlemen; untill he has done a deed worthy of his own national day.

EDIT: And celebrating a holiday because he is black, has to be one of the most modern racist things I've ever heard.

Last edited by NielsWho at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by Taygunov

enjoi

At least some one came out and said it.

I'm fukking sick to death of everyone fellating Obama.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Taygunov

enjoi

Yes because closeing Guantanamo doesn't qualify as fixing stuff.
there is no quote in this box
no

just because he's black doesn't guarantee he will be any good

only time will show that...
...We celebrate Lincoln's birthday.

So, yes, he does have his own day.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by Bassman86
I wanna hear your feelings...

I wish I could hear feelings to

I wonder what confused sounds like

*fades away into imagination land*

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Quote by burrit0
you're just racist

please god, tell me you're joking.

and i don't see why Obama deserves his own day. sure, he's the first black president to be elected, but there's others before him that deserve it more.
and he hasn't even been inaugurated (sp?) yet..let alone had a chance to really prove himself to be a good leader.

She dreams in color, she dreams in red.

Quote by josh999x
A guy put a dildo on his head and shouted look i'm a unicorn.

Quote by sg255
Patrick was so slang, but Squidward was a boob waffle.
Quote by nebiru
At least some one came out and said it.

I'm fukking sick to death of everyone fellating Obama.

oh i've been saying it for ages (anonymously on teh interwebz)
No, all he did was win, he shouldn't have his own special holiday just because he's black.

Seriously... What a bull**** idea...
Quote by wtf290
...We celebrate Lincoln's birthday.

So, yes, he does have his own day.
http:/www3.kumc.edu/diversity/national/national.html

Actually, something intersting. I go to school in this tiny town in Kansas and it was the first city to celebrate Veteran's Day, and now it's a National Holiday... We also have the National Teacher's Hall of Fame.
Last edited by Bassman86 at Jan 5, 2009,
he is only half black, and while the country is "trying to get past discrimination and racism", making a holiday for the sole reason of being the first black president is kind of defeating the purpose of not paying attention to race. If he is a good president and turns the country around and stuff, then im all for a holiday for him, but he hasnt done anything yet.
Quote by ShaunDiel
Obama hasn't done anything yet besides win..

This.

I voted for him, but he might turn out to be the worst president yet. We'll see.
Quote by Masamune
^People voted for him because they liked his policies. Well the people with an IQ above that of a mountain goat anyway.

policies?
his "tax cuts" are a bunch of bs. i was looking stuff up about it, and rather than the tax increases for people that make 250K+ a year, he lowered that to 49K. what good will that do? absolutely none.
and he says he will "create jobs". the government itself cannot create jobs.
i don't think he's going to do us any good. if anything he'll make matters worse.

Quote by josh999x

Quote by sg255
No.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Jesus had to die before they gave him a holiday, so did MLKjr.

Nobody should have a holiday in thier memory before they die.
there is no quote in this box
It's not racist to dislike obama. Though that's what his supporters would have everyone believe.
Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock Nj Series
Ibanez TBX150R 2x12 (Crap/Junk, don't buy one)
Original Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss CS-2
Boss FV500H Volume Pedal

I Hate Everyone
Wait till he actually does something before giving him a day. All he's done so far is win an election between a corpse and a retard.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by GraveMistake
It's not racist to dislike obama. Though that's what his supporters would have everyone believe.

sexiest thing ive ever read
Guys just shut the **** up about whether Obama will **** up your country or not. It's tough luck, you lost. Your 74 year old, 4 time cancer surviving "war hero" didn't win. Stop bitching about him now and let him do his job when he's the president.

And to answer your question no, because he hasn't earnt it yet.
Quote by Taygunov
sexiest thing ive ever read

agreed.

Quote by josh999x

Quote by sg255
He doesn't deserve one now, but if he ends up with a great legacy and/or some remarkable accomplishments, he should get one. Not for a while though, not until he is out of office and possibly dead.

Then again, though, Christopher Columbus was a total dip**** who got lost and thought he was in India, and then killed a bunch of people, and he gets his own day, so maybe Obama can have his even if he ends up being a total ****up.

Also, Reagan was one of the worst presidents ever. The end of the cold war was a natural result of actions taken by earlier presidents, mainly Jimmy Carter, and just happened to pan out while Reagan was in office. He also had Alzheimer's disease, so he pretty much relied on his advisers/wife to do everything since he had holes in his brain. Also the current economic crisis is a direct result of policies he advocated and helped put into practice.
kill all humans
All he's done so far is get elected... and name a president that has done EXACTLY what he said he would do for the country.
It's called Presidents day...
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Masamune

I hope that was sarcasm

sadly, that is not true for many of his followers.

how can the white vote be almost even between him and McCain while at the same time over 90% of blacks voted for Obama?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Bassman86
http:/www3.kumc.edu/diversity/national/national.html

Actually, something intersting. I go to school in this tiny town in Kansas and it was the first city to celebrate Veteran's Day, and now it's a National Holiday... We also have the National Teacher's Hall of Fame.

Broken link, so I don't know what you were trying to show me.
All I know is we get off school for it here, and it's on calendars. There are a lot of national holidays that aren't well known, but are still meant to be celebrated. Doesn't mean it's not a holiday.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by boreamor
Guys just shut the **** up about whether Obama will **** up your country or not. It's tough luck, you lost. Your 74 year old, 4 time cancer surviving "war hero" didn't win. Stop bitching about him now and let him do his job when he's the president.

And to answer your question no, because he hasn't earnt it yet.

So anyone that thinks Obama isn't going to be a good president is instantly a Republican, then?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by alaskan_ninja
He doesn't deserve one now, but if he ends up with a great legacy and/or some remarkable accomplishments, he should get one. Not for a while though, not until he is out of office and possibly dead.

Then again, though, Christopher Columbus was a total dip**** who got lost and thought he was in India, and then killed a bunch of people, and he gets his own day, so maybe Obama can have his even if he ends up being a total ****up.

Also, Reagan was one of the worst presidents ever. The end of the cold war was a natural result of actions taken by earlier presidents, mainly Jimmy Carter, and just happened to pan out while Reagan was in office. He also had Alzheimer's disease, so he pretty much relied on his advisers/wife to do everything since he had holes in his brain. Also the current economic crisis is a direct result of policies he advocated and helped put into practice.

Quote by alaskan_ninja

+1
I likes you.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Page 1 of 4