Hey hey, GG&A!

Im new to guitar and really need an amp!
I bought an Epiphone Special II for a really good price used and a friend lend me a Digitech RP90 Multieffect, so the amp is the only thing missing!

I won't be gigging, so this amp will be for home practice only.
My budget is about 200-250 Euros - that's ca. 300$

The Amp should be veeery versatile as im dabbling into many styles of music;
Rock, Punk, Blues and some Metal, but mainly rock.

I hope that are all information you need!
Greetings from Germany!
try a peavey vypyr series , roland cube series, vox valvetronix series
with those amps you wont need your multi effects pedals cuz it has effects/amp models built in
if you want to go tube/valve
i sugest looking for those discontinued Palominos, the crate v series, or the fender super champ XD

just remember dont buy a SPIDER III, MARSHALL MG and a RAVEN
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jan 5, 2009,
If you can get one over there, you can get a Crate V18 for about $200 US. Not sure what the translation is there....

Anyways, I own one and I like it very much.

Good luck.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
A Peavey Vypyr should be your best bet. That, a Roland Cube, or an AD-series Vox amp are your best three for a beginner i think.
I really like my Traynor DG15R (see review). It cost me just over 125.00 CAD and kills the Fender equivalents. It'll do you fine even for initial jamming when you've learned enough to start playing with others and won't depreciate much. PS Don't bother paying for onboard effects if you've got a pedal board already. Multieffects have more adjustments than the over emphasized pre-sets you generally get with small (all in one) practice amps.
Moving on.....
Quote by Mike-T93
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crate-FlexWave-Series-FW65-65W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-481058-i1175927.gc

Pretty versatile amp, especially if you'll have the modeling on that pedal and everything; the footswitching is really nice, too. If you won't be able to use the multieffect all the time maybe look into the Vox Valvetronix amps.

i kinda LOLed

TS thing i said in my first post are your best bet
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Okay, thank you all for the really quick replies, I gonna have a look into the amps you mentioned =)
Thanks!

//edit: Nice sig, DimebagRob!
The mnemonic helps noobs like me =)
Last edited by Fukei at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
try a peavey vypyr series , roland cube series, vox valvetronix series
with those amps you wont need your multi effects pedals cuz it has effects/amp models built in
if you want to go tube/valve
i sugest looking for those discontinued Palominos, the crate v series, or the fender super champ XD

just remember dont buy a SPIDER III, MARSHALL MG and a RAVEN

Sound advice, I just sold a Spider III 120 watt and FBV pedal for $250 and turned around and bought a Fender Super Champ XD because I totally won't make the same mistake again. Any strictly modeling amp is a waiste of time if you can't get past the digital tone. The Super Champ XD has 2 6v6 that power it and a 12ax7 in the preamp section and is very warm, driven and clean tones that make you want to play.

This amp actually has amp 16 voices (models) that really sound like the amps they're meant to sound like. It is loud and does not lose any tone at high volumes even with it's 10' in speaker. Best of all it can easily just be plugged into a cab or double up with an external speaker and any slight boxiness is gone and ready to gig. They go for $299 at GC right now, but some of the GCs like the one I just bought from have them on sale for $276 and you can print out a 10% off coupon during January online and get it for about the same price after tax. Did I mention that the built-in effects are actually useable and not overpowering and robotic like other amps with effects in the same price range. This amp awesome. . . and a 5 year warranty!

It's easy to get sucked into all the features and cool looking knobs on some other amps in this price range, but I just think that a tube amp with all the warmth (which is something that anybody will miss 2 months after they buy solid state) and cab exapandable features is the better option, because it's not something that your gonna want to get rid of two years from now. It's a keeper.

Super Champ XD is a great little amp.
~JP~
Last edited by Jammy Pige at Jan 5, 2009,
Okay, thank you, I gonna have a deep look into the Super Champ XD!