Yo happy new year for everyone!
Got this new song started from my gf's acoustic guitar, and it's perfect i think. i also know that the rhythms have a few flaws, but i think that in a gig it isn't a problem to corrigate such problems.
c4c
Attachments:
through the storm.zip
ill c4c tomorrow

Untitled ('core) [GP5 GP4 MIDI]

EDIT pinky promise!
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
Acoustic intro didn't seem to fit once the entire song entered...both alone were very good, but the transition seemed whoa!! out of place?? Love the feel during the first break!! Rocked like hell, then with the additional guitar entering as well as the following riff all worked very nicely together. Again the transition back into the intro in the middle of the song threw me off track...I like the idea of slowing it down for a few measures and then smacking you in the face...but something wasn't clicking with that part....to me anyways??? Perhaps some more crits will clear up if its just me being retarded or not Well this was pretty sweet all around...tight riffs...great feel.....not much more to say

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1038801
nice intro, but the transition to move it on isnt great (as already said by Severhead)
there are way too many cymbals in riffA it just sounds wierd to me.
fairly basic verse riff, but with vocals this will sound nice, very nice.
the break is ok, if a bit boring. try developing a more complex lead over the top of it, to interesting-it-up, lol.
nice riff after this, its great, good melody, good chords. imo have this after the acoustic intro maybe???
during the chorus, the guitar breaks dont match, with makes them sound mushy and dissonant- have only one guitar do a fill at a time, otherwise i think it sounds disorganised.
nice break, its good, nice for building up tension.
same applies for the riff after this- great.
riffA again- nice guitar on its own playing the riff, but after this its just... doesnt really fit.
chorus again (see above )

ok solo, but i think have more bends.
the bit after this... is there vocals over the top???
otherwise its a bit boring.
after this, maybe include a totally new riff, instead of going back to verse/chorus
nice ending.
thanks for crit, i upheld the promise
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
Last edited by Jake the Peg at Jan 6, 2009,