After much thought, debate, research, etc. I purchased a Martin DM. It was a little more than I planned to spend initially, but with a $500 credit towards the purchase I recieved for Christmas, the $899 price tag didn't seem so bad. Plus the MSRP is almost $1,200. It has a wonderful and beautiful tone to it. The guitar itself looks fantastic. I love the look of the Martin's without any gloss and what-not on them. Most of all, I got this guitar, because I just felt comfortable with it. I played Seagull's, Taylor's, Breedlove's, and more, but at the end of the day I felt like this was just a very well made guitar and worth the money. I just wanted to say, thanks for all of your help. Everyone has given great advice.
Congrats! Post up some pics?
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
whats MSRP?

congrats on your new guitar... are you a student or living with your parents or what?

i've been thinking about going for the same price range...

paying 5-600$ and making payments on the rest.
MSRP = manufacturer suggested retail price.
Equipment:

So after a couple of days I decided to take it back. Not because it was a bad guitar...far from it. It was actually too nice. I anticipate moving quite a bit within the next couple of years and I work at a summer camp that doesnt provide you with much in the way of climate control. Therefore I decided to wait a couple of years for a nice Martin and settled for a Seagul S6 Original. This will allow me to beat it up a little and not feel terrible about scratching it. Sorry to get you all excited about my new martin "purchase."
Last edited by rangeralex at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by rangeralex
So after a couple of days I decided to take it back. Not because it was a bad guitar...far from it. It was actually too nice. I anticipate moving quite a bit within the next couple of years and I work at a summer camp that doesnt provide you with much in the way of climate control. Therefore I decided to wait a couple of years for a nice Martin and settled for a Seagul S6 Original. This will allow me to beat it up a little and not feel terrible about scratching it. Sorry to get you all excited about my new martin "purchase."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am the King of Carrot Flowers

Just save up for an even better Martin.
Equipment: