So my band has the honour of practicing and rehearsing in an old recording studio. It's under my rhythm guitarists house, part of the building so he owns it. We just call it the cellar for easy slang.

So anyway, today brought a horrifying sight. We arrived to find the water pipe running above the cellar had frozen and cracked causing water to leak through the celing. This caused "bubbles" which leaked causing more chaos. Sadly, all our gear was in there from the night before. Needless to say we managed to get it all out. All of which being:
-My Mesa Dual rec
-My Orange PPC2x12
-My Cort x11, original model as well, before the colour and stuff was changed.
-Other guitarists Line 6 spider valve (Not like the spider III, dont judge what you don't know)
-Other guitarists guitar (He had his old one in there covered up in a corner so it wasn't too bad)
-Some decent Tama drums.

I'm not too sure on the damage exactly, =[ But i'd just like some support, advice on what to do with my guitar/amps.

I managed to get the amps out rather quickly. I don't think much water managed to get onto my mesa through the cover as well. But i think some water from a freakin exploding bubble managed to hit my Cab and completely drenched my guitar.

What damaged could be caused on the cab and guitar? Could it affect the pickups? Or anything else. I'm definitley going to change the strings obviously, but i'm just worried about anything else. What should i do with it? Let it sit? Try to dry it? I just don't know.

So yeah i'm pretty pissed right now. Freakin' British weather.

For all your wondering, we managed to stop the water, and with alot of hours/mops/buckets managed to get out the water. All thats left is a slightly wet floor, like after you've mopped it.

Had to rant i'm afraid.
Sweet.
Under normal weather I'd tell you to leave your stuff in the sun for a little bit, but I guess not... maybe try a blow drier on the lowest heat? A towel should help (obviously) I don't think anything will happen to the amps, as long as no water got into their chassis. A similar thing happened to mine (stray water balloon during a water war, my amp was outside) and it's fine.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Put the electronic stuff in a room and let it dry out for a while. The guitars... I'm not so sure what to do with water-damaged guitars, I'll defer that question to somebody else.
Ok sound. Thanks for any help. We have the amps and stuff drying in a room already.

I also have the guitar just sitting...hoping it isn't damaged severely. Time will tell i guess.
Sweet.
Honestly for the guitars depending on how much water I would gut them and let them dry then re-install everything. Because god knows how much water is behind the pickups, nuts, bolts, soaked into the wood, pots and so on. And all that stuff being closed in your not gonna get a good amount of air flow.

The amp if it was covered and you cant see any water just let it dry out.

For the cab take the back off and let it dry out and hope the speakers didnt get drenched.
If there's anything you can safely dismantle then do so...anything to let the air curculate and help things dry out quicker. Likewise if there's any obvious standing water inside then do your best to mop that up.

In all honest as long as you don't try to use anything until it's completely dried out it should be fine.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
If there's anything you can safely dismantle then do so...anything to let the air curculate and help things dry out quicker. Likewise if there's any obvious standing water inside then do your best to mop that up.

In all honest as long as you don't try to use anything until it's completely dried out it should be fine.

Thanks. Kind of answer i was looking for to make me feel a bit better.
I have everything sitting getting dried up now. You say i should take apart my guitar? that frightens me, i wouldn't know where to start.

I'll see if i can take the back off my cab after college today. Also, take the chasis of my head? Do you mean the back bit?
Sweet.
Take the part with the tubes in it out of the wood box. Take off the metal rail on the back, and then unscrew the 4 screws on the bottom of the head. Then slide the tube portion out of the wood like a drawer. And I am sorry to hear about you dilemma. Hopefully it will all be ok!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
If the guitar has a pickguard I'd unscrew that just so that the air can get in, likewise remove any cavity covers.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Call the insurance company
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
Call the insurance company

+1. File a claim with your buddies insurance company. Is there any structural damage to the house?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Well theres a few holes in the cellar celing. I dont think theres massive damage to the rest of the house though, partly because the house is stupidly large.
Sweet.