Hey, ive been playing guitar for a year and 2 months and have been told im very good for my short playing time.

In this time ive managed to Learn all 5 Minor Pentatonic Positions and can Blues solo to a decent level, i can play some fast legato stuff (unfortunately not in melody i just have the hand speed potential to learn some melodic legato licks), a variety of different songs and different genres, have created some pretty sweet sounding riffs and created an entire rhythm section to my own song dubbed "Nightmares". I know many chords and can switch perfectly between them and can improvise some melody over certain backings. My tremelo technique is perfect as well as my use of the Whammy bar.

My only problem is i have about a year and 2 months to learn a variety of different things (reason Undiclosed).

Unfortunately i feel asif my guitar teacher has let me down by telling me he is no good in teaching the sort of thing i am after and am pretty sure he hates me. Anyways the point im looking for is im really struggling to find help on the things i need to learn. These things are:
-Sweep Picking
-Metal Soloing - Both Melodic and Speed
-Melodic Legato
-Scales that can be used for Metal soloing
-Alot more theory to support this new information

Any help on this at all would be extrememly greatful. As mentioned above im finding it extremely difficult to find this stuff on my own let alone learn it, also wondering if anyone had any tips on how i could master this stuff to a clean in the time i have to work with, thanx
It helps if your title includes words...
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by alphablade7
My tremelo technique is perfect as well as my use of the Whammy bar.

"perfect"
don't wanna sound like a jackass, but theres no way its "perfect" in that amount of time

anyway, as for metal scales
minor and harmonic minor are good places to start

the lessons for sweeping on this site were really helpful to me

and as far as learning licks and and stuff for metal, look at some of your favourite songs and learn parts of the solos and incorporate them into your own playing.

its also kinda...stupid that you have to master this stuff by a certain time
thats not a good way to learn, its good to set goals, but thats just kinda silly
some of this stuff can take YEARS
Top lel.
find a new, more advanced teacher. one that specializes in what you want to learn(which appears to be metal). you might have to pay more or drive farther for the lessons but it will be faster than going on your own.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
aye thanx, and by perfect i didnt mean perfect =/ i meant clean enough to play at a gig or something.

and i know unfortunately its the situation im in, you see the band im in our guitarist's dad's best friend works for a record company and offered us a record deal when he turns 16 which is in about a year and 2months or more and thats why i need to learn these things for then so we can record a demo and hopefully get ourselves signed =/
Why would your teacher hate you? grow up kid...

And almost everything that you could need is here in this site.
*reported*... twice in one reply!

OH NOES!!! Theowy is scawY!!!
sounds like a pretty cool opportunity

gotta make sure your songs are well written if you want to get signed though
what kind of metal are you playing anyway?
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
"perfect"
don't wanna sound like a jackass, but theres no way its "perfect" in that amount of time

anyway, as for metal scales
minor and harmonic minor are good places to start

the lessons for sweeping on this site were really helpful to me

and as far as learning licks and and stuff for metal, look at some of your favourite songs and learn parts of the solos and incorporate them into your own playing.

its also kinda...stupid that you have to master this stuff by a certain time
thats not a good way to learn, its good to set goals, but thats just kinda silly
some of this stuff can take YEARS

youll never have perfect technique no matter how good you are but try learning the **** slowly and speed it up and theres lessons on the site that can help you out and theres always youtube
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
^ You should learn these techniques by practicing the exercises you'll find in the Advanced Techniques subforum. You should also learn some theory, so that eventually you can compose melodies and harmonies that are more aesthetically pleasing (it will be much easier to do so with the knowledge of theory, and it will allow you to create more interesting music as well).
well basically has told me 2 months ago that theres another teacher coming in to teach me the stuff i would like to learn yet everytime hes supposevly txt him my number or what have you ive never had a phone call or anything since? thats why i feel he hates me
*reported*
you already have this thread in EG.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well, plenty of people don't call me and i don't assume they hate me.

but that seems like a really good opportunity, one that doesn't come along often. just make sure you make the most of it and don't be afraid to explore other styles in the intermittent time. there are things you might learn, and you might also find a style more suited to your tastes than metal.
Quote by the memory
sounds like a pretty cool opportunity

gotta make sure your songs are well written if you want to get signed though
what kind of metal are you playing anyway?

Well i dont really know how to describe it, i want it to be a sort of mix of Melodic and Thrash but i want a really nice warm distortion feel to it but with enough gain for some really nice squeals and stuff, but i dont want that really raw Pantera feel although i do like it just not enough for me to encorperate it into my own style
Quote by steven seagull
*reported*
you already have this thread in EG.

yeah i know sorry, this is like my first time using forums? so im really confused how this all works and that =/ but thanx for reporting me anyways, appreciate it (Y)
Quote by bassbones
well, plenty of people don't call me and i don't assume they hate me.

but that seems like a really good opportunity, one that doesn't come along often. just make sure you make the most of it and don't be afraid to explore other styles in the intermittent time. there are things you might learn, and you might also find a style more suited to your tastes than metal.

aye, thanx and i dunno ive loved metal all my life, but when it comes to guitar i guess i just really love all the technicalities of it that comes with Metal and the really harsh sounding rhythms but i do love to play blues when im not practicing
since you're new, you should also know that double-posting (and triple-posting) is sort of a taboo on internet forums. not like they'll chop off your balls or anything, but there's an edit button that you may use at the bottom of your post. especially if you made the most recent post on a thread, you should use that rather than post again.
Quote by bassbones
since you're new, you should also know that double-posting (and triple-posting) is sort of a taboo on internet forums. not like they'll chop off your balls or anything, but there's an edit button that you may use at the bottom of your post. especially if you made the most recent post on a thread, you should use that rather than post again.

Thank you ill go delete that other post then