hey guys,

i was thinking of becoming a part time private guitar tutor on the weekends, does anyone know where to start?

do i have to pass grade 8, then pass the tutor exam? then go on a register?

i know some people who just teach it like that and don't bother with allt he documents, but is this against the law?

the most i would have is 1 or 2 students.
if they want you to teach them, do it...i might try to teach beginners for cheap to make some extra cash
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
You can teach people whatever skill level your at, whether you get students comes down to your reputation and if people think they can learn a lot from you.
If you want to be a full time teacher you would need a grade 8 and a diploma and then become a registered teacher and look for a college or schools to emply you to do official lessons.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
grade 8 in what? regular school or guitar school? and how much do you know?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by charlie__flynn
You can teach people whatever skill level your at, whether you get students comes down to your reputation and if people think they can learn a lot from you.
If you want to be a full time teacher you would need a grade 8 and a diploma and then become a registered teacher and look for a college or schools to emply you to do official lessons.

Yeah private teacher its not gonna matter but most of the pro teachers at my local shop have either been to college for music or have been teaching a long time.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I'm thinking about teaching basics of guitar myself. I don't think you need qualifications, well, you do to be a professional, but otherwise, just make sure that you show your pupils the right excersises and etc.
Try looking on this site for some.

I'm not too sure if what i've said is right though, so if in any doubt, ignore me! xD