Page 1 of 2
Anyone believe in this? Recently I've been reading about it and I gotta say I'm sold. I've been practicing, but no luck except weird body feelings. They say it can take awhile. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it means to leave your physical body and travel the astral plane as a short definition. Hendrix used to practice it and he really believed it worked so I've been trying.
Drug thread.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Yeah everyone is doing it but the goverment is keeping every successful attempt secret.

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
This has nothing to do with drugs, thank you. As a matter of fact, being on drugs totally ruins the whole thing.
Wait...

Astral plane?
Projection
Body?
Travel?

There's a few things here I'm not familiar with.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
This has nothing to do with drugs, thank you. As a matter of fact, being on drugs totally ruins the whole thing.

How do you know? You haven't even managed to do it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by \m/Angus\m/

i disagree, some drugs, such as salvia and DMT have led me to the most intense of astral projections
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
I've had OBE's on drugs before, but I suck at meditation type stuff so I doubt I could do it. I do believe it's real in the sense that our minds could create that experience and thus make it a reality for the individual, the human mind is so amazing , I never underestimate its capabilities. However, I don't think you actually leave your body physically or anything, that's absurd.
Don't need a gun to blow your mind.
i think if you can convince yourself well enough -and you've been dropping acid- then yeah sure you can have an out of body experice (which is what we're talking about right?) I don't think you can REALLY experience a life outside of your own body though....
Quote by rabidguitarist
How do you know? You haven't even managed to do it.

Uhm, because in all the books I've read and on websites, the guys who say they've done it say drugs will ruin it. I've had OBE on drugs, but not the kind you can get with this.
I love the psy artist. does that count?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by capsfan17
i disagree, some drugs, such as salvia and DMT have led me to the most intense of astral projections

I heard that if you take rat poison while playing in traffic blindfolded really helps achieving astral projection. And by astral projection I mean increasing the world's average IQ points.
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Uhm, because in all the books I've read and on websites, the guys who say they've done it say drugs will ruin it. I've had OBE on drugs, but not the kind you can get with this.

Perhaps they've just ruined their brains so much through drug use that it comes naturally?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
ive only had a small out of body experience using i-doser. dont flame me for thinking this works. ill believe what i want. but it took me TONS of tries to get to actually leaving the body but that is one way to get an astral projection, if you believe in that kind of stuff from just sounds. cant hurt to try
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
Yea, you can't count on having a good conversation here. Always have to have someone coming in with ignorant remarks. Astral Projection has nothing to do with drugs, its more of a religious thing. But I guess you guys wouldn't understand. Most of Hendrix's songs, by the way, came from his OBEs.
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Most of Hendrix's songs, by the way, came from his OBEs.

Really? I watched a video of Hendrix playing and it looked like they were coming from his amp.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, you can't count on having a good conversation here. Always have to have someone coming in with ignorant remarks. Astral Projection has nothing to do with drugs, its more of a religious thing. But I guess you guys wouldn't understand. Most of Hendrix's songs, by the way, came from his OBEs.

"Definitions of ignorant on the Web:

* uneducated in general; lacking knowledge or sophistication; "an ignorant man""

Good luck with your astral projection, you don't even know basic english.
Quote by Kensai
I heard that if you take rat poison while playing in traffic blindfolded really helps achieving astral projection. And by astral projection I mean increasing the world's average IQ points.

Nah, that only works if you do it.
where exactly are you learning to do this, im interested in trying this

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by rabidguitarist
Drug thread.

Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
ta very much

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by Ziggums
Nah, that only works if you do it.

I said increase not decrease?

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
http://www.crystalinks.com/astral.html
Here is the link for people actually interested instead of shunning everything that isn't "normal".

Wow, I'm convinced. Thanks
Quote by neopowell
Really? I watched a video of Hendrix playing and it looked like they were coming from his amp.

YOU CAN SEE SOUND?????

and astral projections are just in your imagination. Literally. Anyone who disagrees is an idiot.
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
http://www.crystalinks.com/astral.html
Here is the link for people actually interested instead of shunning everything that isn't "supported by evidence".

Fixed that for you.

Basically, anything with 'crystal' in the title should be avoided.

I mean seriously, on that site it's talking about subtle bodies, chakras, auras and Theosophy.

If that didn't set your bull**** detectors off, perhaps this excerpt from that site will:

"Each "body" has its own aura and set of chakras, and corresponds to a particular plane of existence, as the individualisation so to speak of that plane. Thus the astral body is made up of the substance or matter of the astral plane, just as the physical body is made up of the elements of the physical plane, and so on with all the bodies."

wut, seriously, just wut.

EDIT:

More ****e:

"In truth this energy field not only goes around you, but moves within your body as well. It is not just the outside of your body that is made of electromagnetic energies, every part of your and everything your experience in third dimension.

Auras vibrate to different color, sound and light frequencies. The color spectrum varies with one's physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual states.

When people have done healing work together - or shared any physical contact - they will share a common auric field for a period of time as they have just merged their electromagnetic energies.

Auras can be seen physically, or sensed psychically, or both.

To practice seeing auras - have the subject stand in front of a white background and look to the side of their body - either side is fine.

Daylight is often the best light as the sun's rays are full spectrum.

If you watch the person for a minute, you will see their electromagnetic energies as sort of wavy lines of energies. This looks a lot like the energy you see when you are watching an airplane taking off in a movie. "

TS buys this ****?
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Last edited by darthteet at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by Tedward
YOU CAN SEE SOUND?????

You mean you can't? Aww damn, my mum wasn't kidding when she said I was a freak.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

My brother's friend's uncle tried astral projection while on dmt and apparently pushed a satellite while flying through space and the next morning he saw on the news that a satellite was mysteriously pushed out of orbit, now all my brother's friends are starting to believe in this stuff and it's creeping me out.

So yes, using drugs make it a lot easier to visualize it, and saying that it's a religious thing doesn't help you either, it's a common held opinion in the neurology community that people that truly believe in religion do so because they're a few wires short of a full circuit and that site you posted is just a great example of a bunch of these people getting together and pooling their stupidity.
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
Quote by captain Trips
I can do it but I think it's just lucid dreaming

I was gonna say, I'm pretty sure this is like lucid daydreaming, I don't think that two people could meet each other on the astral plane and communicate, to me it's just not feasible.
Astral projection = lucid dreaming where you're convinced you're awake rather than being aware that you're dreaming.

Take a look at the phenomena attributed to both, there's a lot of similarities. Essentially, astral projection is lucid dreaming for people who tend to believe in stupid ****.
Quote by Bassman86
What the hell is the Astral Projection?

It's a group and a philosophy aimed at and practiced by retards. I'd explain it to you but it'll be like lying down on the traintracks and waiting for a train full of fucking stupid to hit you at full speed.
Quote by darthteet
Basically, anything with 'crystal' in the title should be avoided.

I mean seriously, on that site it's talking about subtle bodies, chakras, auras and Theosophy.

wut, seriously, just wut.

EDIT:

More ****e:

TS buys this ****?

Good job at deeming something as bullshit without disproving it, moron.
Quote by heaven's gate

Dont post this here, go to /x/ its alot better.
Youre always going to be shredded by the likes of kensai and meths.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by Kensai

Holy hell that made my belly jiggle from that humble remark

Again Kensai, twice in 2 minutes have you made me burst out in laughter
Last edited by severed-metal at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by heaven's gate

Burden of proof my friend.

Regardless they are claiming that people give off visible electromagnetic auras. Well yes, people give of thermal energy. No auras there, just simply hot bodies radiating. This radiation doesn't change with physical, emotional or mental states, only temperature.

Claim disproved.

It's absolute BS, unsupported bu evidence and contradicted by our current understanding of everything.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
I have tried a few times. I usually just get the feeling of slowly spreading out like when you pour syrup on a pancake then I start feeling like I'm floating 1-2 feet above my (physical) body. I few days ago I did get a few random images flash by (mountains, waterfall, my living room, ect...) I have never been able to get farther than that. The images were sort of like in a dream, but still distinctly different. It's not really something you can describe. I don't believe that my "astral body" is actually traveling away from my "physical body," but it does feel really cool and I am extremely relaxed after doing it so I think it's worth it.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Last edited by Ironbodom at Jan 5, 2009,
Page 1 of 2